Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Red Wood Trust

sosultan

Redwood Trust is planned to open up in late October/November. I walk by that building every day and there's still a lot construction work (inside renovation) that needs to be done b/f they can launch that venue. Place def has a lot of potential, phazon sound, vip room, and cigars sold at the bar are some of the featured treats.

What I'm concerned about is the DJ. Fish and Deno (the China room residents) spin out of their ass, and 1722 is barely ok. Unless they steal Hippo's DJ's or bring in new talent, it's gonna be China Room #2 (all form, no content).

Originally posted by Kuro

So are these the DJs who are supposed to be residents there?

I don't know what in my post gave you that idea... I was simply reciting some of the B-more's local dj's that infiltrate the club scene who might be invited to spin at Trust.

Is there any information available about how this place is supposed to be? "

Not that I know of. But you can always try stalking the construction workers, maybe they'll give you a tip or two.

i've heard rumors that it's going to be more of a loungy type place...not so much a club...but who knows?

yeah, the local dj's aren't anything to write home about...i do like dj who and lovegrove though....they always get me movin at goodlove...

kris murphy (formerly doostuff) puts on a good show the first friday of every month at china room...

anybody catch chris fortier at china room a while ago? i wish they would get some more decent talent and maybe a soundsystem that didn't suck my left nut...

Originally posted by superfli

anybody catch chris fortier at china room a while ago? i wish they would get some more decent talent and maybe a soundsystem that didn't suck my left nut...

I was thinking of bringing my boom box to china next time i go. After 2 PM they lower the volume so fucking low that you can't even feel the music any more, forget the vibe...

Place has gone completely down to shit, enough said.

On a different note, anyone goes to 13th floor?

Originally posted by sosultan

I was thinking of bringing my boom box to china next time i go. After 2 PM they lower the volume so fucking low that you can't even feel the music any more, forget the vibe...

Place has gone completely down to shit, enough said.

On a different note, anyone goes to 13th floor?

i head up the 13th floor occasionally, haven't been there lately tho...i def like that joint, it's cozy with a phat view...