Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Omfg!!!! Satoshi Tomiie!!!!!

millele

so i got to hear him live tuesday night in ny, and lemme say, that this night was one of THE MOST INCREDIBLE SETS i have heard in a long long long time. with twilo being closed and all, my ear has grown accustomed to the second-rate subsitutes (albeit, still very good substitutes). but tuesday night BLEW ME AWAY (and i was 100% sober, thank you.) the warmup dj - hector romero - was also amazing. as a friend of mine put it, "oh yeah, so THIS is why i love clubbing!!!" seriously, a very twilo-esque night. almost all of my old twilo buddies were there as well, and we all congregated under the disco ball!!!!

tracks i remember, w/ help from friends:

new order - crystal (he dropped this TWICE)

mash it up - do it do it

depeche mode - feel loved (danny tenaglia labor of love mix)

nat monday - waiting (john creamer and stephane k)

what an insane insane night. stayed til 3:30 then caught a 7am shuttle back to dc. but i made up for lack of sleep last night - 12.5 hours!!!!! :):):)

we HAVE to get satoshi to come to buzz...... this man is UNREAL. remember the music that takes you to another level? i'm talking sober. THIS is IT.

oh yeah, must mention however that the venue, filter 14, was wayyyy too small, and horrible ventilation. if any of y'all have been to vinyl, think the same in terms of temperature. it was SO HOT and stifling that a girl who was completely sober passed out on the dance floor!!!!!!

hey eggy (and another twilo peeps) - do you remember the whistleman? isaac, actually - he waas there too!! hadn't seen him since the last digweed @ twilo night. :):):)

WHAT AN AMAZING AMAZING NIGHT!!!! apparently this is a monthly thing, so if any of y'all can make it up, i would HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY encourage it. :):):)

Rub it in, why don't ya. :) Well, I had a GREAT time at work and at home, so there :(

Well, considering you saw Oakie on Friday, which is a definite negative, and then Satoshi on Tuesday, which is a definite positive, I'd say you evened yourself out for the week :D :D :D

Did he drop DBD? I'm diggin' that track right now. The Madam remix is pretty sick, although I'm still partial to the original.

no DBD, though i agree - that track IS sick. the first time i heard it, i was all spooked out. i wouldn't want to listen to that while on certain substances....

oh PLEASE, oakie WAS good, and krishna spun afterwards....PLUS satoshi MORE than tips the scale anyway... :):):)

who knows the promoters at buzz?? GOT to bring satoshi

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Rub it in, why don't ya. :) Well, I had a GREAT time at work and at home, so there :(

Well, considering you saw Oakie on Friday, which is a definite negative, and then Satoshi on Tuesday, which is a definite positive, I'd say you evened yourself out for the week :D :D :D

Did he drop DBD? I'm diggin' that track right now. The Madam remix is pretty sick, although I'm still partial to the original.

Originally posted by millele

who knows the promoters at buzz?? GOT to bring satoshi

John Tab/Scott Henry. Simple as that. talk2buzz@buzzdc.com. JT reads all those e-mails and forwards booking requests to SH (no, I'm not on an initial basis with both of them, I'm just too lazy to type their names ;) ). He's actually really good about reading every e-mail that comes through. He responds to every one.

If that doesn't work out, my buddies may be starting up a monthly pretty soon (prob. w/in the next couple of months). They're working out the location details right now (coincidence, cause I just got an IM from one of them about it). They're into D&B -- they handle the D&B side of things, so I have some input in the house side of things (I ALMOST convinced them to get Diggers for their first party, but the risk of all the money up front was too much and they chickened out -- they had even called his agency and got a price quote and EVERYTHING. Damn! So close! I could've opened for Diggers! :D).

The only thing I'd be worried about is I don't think Satoshi can draw a good crowd in DC. So it'd really depend on how much he costs. But we'll see. Can't promise anything, but I'll mention it. I'll at least make sure my buddy calls up his agency and gets a price quote.

diggers???? omfg. hey shady, i got a few (less expensive) suggestions:

satoshi tomiie!!!!

hector romero

max graham

sandra collins

erick morillo

wait, i'm confused - does your buddy want someone more progressive or more house?

a1 - yep, only tuesday's (so far) :(

Originally posted by millele

wait, i'm confused - does your buddy want someone more progressive or more house?

Doesn't really matter to my friends. It'll vary. Just need someone w/ drawing power. They lost money on the last party they threw cause they booked too many overpriced DJ's w/ no draw. The House DJ's they got sucked, too (that's what happens when D&B heads try to throw a party that caters to all). They got a decent sized crowd (800-1000), but the costs were too expensive.

Yeah, Diggers would've been insane. I was really pushing for it, but the budget for the party would've been over $25K to book him and all the other DJ's, so my buddy bailed on the idea. He would've needed over 1000 people @ $25 a pop (which I was more than convinced we could do) to break even, but that's a lot of cash to throw down. It was pretty close to happening, though. My friend even got a quote for both S&D, but I told him to fuck Sasha cause I wanted more time to spin. :D :D :D Hahaha, we all had a big laugh when those words came out of my mouth. Oh well, we'll see what happens. If things go well with the first few parties, you never know...