Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone from Philly area or go clubbing in Philly ever???

I do. I used to go ot Shampoo alot, but that place gets a little old.. Then we started to go got Evolution alot... That place is always fun, but not in the summer (every one is down the shore), but come Fall it's gonna start being a GREAT time again!!!! :D :rainbow:

i unfortunately know of the scene there because I attend college at St. Joseph's University in West Philly. There's obviously no comparison to NY, but at it's best, you can have an ok time. I would frequent evo and tribecca.

im goin back to philly starting next week...if anyone from the philly area wants to connect...email me...

PHILLY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to Villanova...couldn't take local bars so we used to go to Philly all the time. GASOLINE, TRANSIT, SHAMPOO, ENVY, CHROME...all good places...it's the people who suck and the fact that every thing closes so early. Philly people don't like to go clubbing, and if they do they don't go out in numbers and they don't dance very well...if at all. Drive the extra 1.5 hrs to NYC, thats what we would do.

i have to agree that clubbin in philly is lacking, especially in the summer. i think ive been out in philly 2x this entire summer. been hitting studio and seaside.

however i think that this fall is going to be a lot better. already evolutions has schelduled multiple weekends in which they will open until noon (they say 6 but they always go later)

LIFE in philly is a really phat club. cool loung downstairs usually playing 2 step or other contempory loung music. upstairs is a dance floor wa kick ass system w deep house on fridays and prog trance and hard house on sats. however they only time i would suggest leavin nyc for philly is to check out fluid. its this little club that gets really famous international djs. last night they had mr c.

HIGHMAY, pm me if you are heading into philly ever. tell me what music u like and ill show u where to go. a lot of philly people start off in philly and then head to nyc or ac.

So i've been chatting with this philly girl online for about 2 months, and she finally drags my ass down for shock @ motion. It costs $25 to train down there, but i missed my SEPTA conection and didn't feel like waiting an hour so i paid another $25 to go on amtrak. then there was the $10 cabs to and from the club, and the red bulls i bought. i spent 2 hours searching the floor for a girl with a belly light, a purple space cadet t-shirt, pink ufos and a backpack with angel wings on it. that pretty much describes everyone though....

i finally found her said hi and she fucking ignores me for the entire night b/c her ex-boyfriend was there. so i was stuck my myself after spending all this cash, but i decided to make the most of it and dance my face off. here is the rundown:

x-dream: spun nice set with good anthemy stuff, but a hard beat to keep me intersted. then he spun "castles in the sky" and it was all downhill from there.

sandra collins: great 2-hour progressive set, but the trance crowd was totally not into it at all. she is quite yummy :P

dj irene: i listened to her mixtapes/cds and thought they were weak at best. but she just really kicked ass - started off with 30 second clips of the big summer anthems (sandstorm, 9am till i come, shitty zombie nation song, etc) and then broke out into some crazy hardhouse tracks (including one mauro picotto). after a while of this, she did a complete 360 and started spinning epic trance. she won my respect that night....

anyway, the crowd was young and definitely not nyc but everyone was really friendly (except the girl i went to meet) and i met a whole lot of new people.

after it was over, i missed my train back to NY and was stuck in the train station for an hour. i was getting weird looks for my bright red ufos, but after a while some other ravers started spilling in and we just kind of hung around until it was time to go home.

and that was my little adventure.