Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MY REVIEW OF SF/Johhny the fucken Vicious!!

Originally posted by tranza

Am I the only one that thought he was below average?

..He played one good record and thats it

..His mixing was amazing but thats all

Johnny could have ripped that place up big time back in the day but he has fallen off :(

..At least Lodi kept shit real with the CODENOIZEE

Cant wait to hear him play alone again

loved johnny's set.. and definetly right, the mixing was tiiiiight

but as far as lodi goes.. caught him this week, and the week diaz was there..

the week diaz was there he was playing old tiesto- like trance at 135-140 bpm's.. opener's are not supposed to bang it out like that..

this week, he sounded like a wanna be digweed.. played progressive for a while, but again recognized a lot of tracks from s&d sets a year ago.. so its was ok, but nothin great..

so lodi is ok imo, good mixing, but i could just stay home and listen to the masters mix it...

I know I'm posting this kinda late but...I just didn't get a chance to do this before..slept through Saturday (SF + jetlag from Hawaii), then went out and just woke up today. Anyway, Friday night was great, Johnny Vicious was unreal and completely blew the fucking roof off. Ridiculous set...kept me glued to the dancefloor.

I went in with airatomic and a bunch of other non-Planeteers :rolleyes: and was up on the 4th level before Vicious came on, but didn't see anyone near the water fountain for the early meetup...what happened to that?

Went to the meetup at 2...nice meeting bigpoppanils, pangelid, court877, blaznny, a bunch of others whose names I don't remember (sorry) or who don't post. Had fun chilling with roninmess, bkissa and xtcgirlie (i was looking for you earlier too..lol everyone's seen you but no1 knew where to find you)...you guys are awesome!!

Originally posted by dolik

I know I'm posting this kinda late but...I just didn't get a chance to do this before..slept through Saturday (SF + jetlag from Hawaii), then went out and just woke up today. Anyway, Friday night was great, Johnny Vicious was unreal and completely blew the fucking roof off. Ridiculous set...kept me glued to the dancefloor.

I went in with airatomic and a bunch of other non-Planeteers :rolleyes: and was up on the 4th level before Vicious came on, but didn't see anyone near the water fountain for the early meetup...what happened to that?

Went to the meetup at 2...nice meeting bigpoppanils, pangelid, court877, blaznny, a bunch of others whose names I don't remember (sorry) or who don't post. Had fun chilling with roninmess, bkissa and xtcgirlie (i was looking for you earlier too..lol everyone's seen you but no1 knew where to find you)...you guys are awesome!!

HEY BY THE WAY YOU**U were looking so sharp **u looked so good*;)

Originally posted by xtcgirlie

HEY BY THE WAY YOU**U were looking so sharp **u looked so good*;)

Two words...BANG BANG! ;) j/k

Thanks hun...you looked very fine yourself :tongue:

Too bad we didnt get to chill longer...what time did you guys leave?

Two words...BANG BANG! ;) j/k

Thanks hun...you looked very fine yourself :tongue:

Too bad we didnt get to chill longer...what time did you guys leave?

We left about 20 minutes after the sick final chapter was played**I just couldn't do the last couple minutes**I was about to pass out when he played the vocal and i sat down**Then he started getting hard again and i got up and started dancing but then Pfloyd rounded everyone up to go** It was soo funny cause I saw your friend Steve around the time of the meetup and i asked where u were and he didn't know*Then i kept seeing him all night and i was like asking 4 u **and then i saw him another time and he was asking me if i saw u***we just couldn't find your ass!! thats why when i saw u i was like holy shit!:D

Had fun chilling with roninmess, bkissa and xtcgirlie (i was looking for you earlier too..lol everyone's seen you but no1 knew where to find you)...you guys are awesome!!

Bro, it was nice to see you again this week. Mad fun chillen with yo and everyone else. Place was packed nice and the music was just ri-fuckin-diculos!! I'm goin back to Factory for Hex Hector on the 14th!

Originally posted by t0nythelover

Does anyone else think it was way too packed in there? I didn't meet up with anyone but I had a great time. I just have one question. What the hell was that guy in the green suit tube suit supposed to be?

it was way too packed in there

i had no room to move

and everytime i got some momentum someone would bump into me! :mad:

Originally posted by PFloyd40

loved johnny's set.. and definetly right, the mixing was tiiiiight

but as far as lodi goes.. caught him this week, and the week diaz was there..

the week diaz was there he was playing old tiesto- like trance at 135-140 bpm's.. opener's are not supposed to bang it out like that..

this week, he sounded like a wanna be digweed.. played progressive for a while, but again recognized a lot of tracks from s&d sets a year ago.. so its was ok, but nothin great..

so lodi is ok imo, good mixing, but i could just stay home and listen to the masters mix it...

..What do you mean Tiesto like trance?

He hasnt been playing a lot of trance all summer long.. Only "Tiesto Like Trance" he plays is that Coast 2 Coats record.. The week Diaz played he dropped 4 trance records the whole time he was on (one being an old classic "Everytime" that he drops often)

..Incase you didnt know, the peak hours in SF on friday are from 1 to 4 ..He brings it up at 1 until the dj comes on.. He also asks the dj what kind of vibe he wants to get into and he will bring it up or down for him (Nice guy isnt he)..

..And wtf is "Wanna be Digweed"

Joe has his own style, just because it might seem similar to John Digweed to you, does not mean he sweats Digweed..

..And please tell me what tracks you heard on friday were being played by S&D years ago.. lol

I would post his track listing but I dont wanna blow him up like that

..Joe turns it out week in and week out and he never holds back

..Maybe you should go in 2 weeks when he plays by himself and then tell me he is ok at best

Originally posted by tranza

..What do you mean Tiesto like trance?

He hasnt been playing a lot of trance all summer long.. Only "Tiesto Like Trance" he plays is that Coast 2 Coats record.. The week Diaz played he dropped 4 trance records the whole time he was on (one being an old classic "Everytime" that he drops often)

..Incase you didnt know, the peak hours in SF on friday are from 1 to 4 ..He brings it up at 1 until the dj comes on.. He also asks the dj what kind of vibe he wants to get into and he will bring it up or down for him (Nice guy isnt he)..

..And wtf is "Wanna be Digweed"

Joe has his own style, just because it might seem similar to John Digweed to you, does not mean he sweats Digweed..

..And please tell me what tracks you heard on friday were being played by S&D years ago.. lol

I would post his track listing but I dont wanna blow him up like that

..Joe turns it out week in and week out and he never holds back

..Maybe you should go in 2 weeks when he plays by himself and then tell me he is ok at best

never said he "sweats digweed"

old s&d.. system f- exhale(kleinenberg), Soul Mekanik with Jam D - Discostatic (Tarantella & Redanka remix) etc.

a lot of tracks that i didn't know the id for, but have on live sets.. like sasha's bday, kiss fm mixes etc..

i wasn't down there very long before i went upstairs for a bit.. there were more tracks, but i can't think of them right now.. maybe if you caught those guys more, you'd realize they've dropped the track a long time ago..

every track i hear him drop i've already heard someone else play.. granted i've only caught him two times since last year, so my critique is only based on that.. i'm just saying that he doesn't seem to have his own style, b/c of the fact that i've yet to hear him drop a track these two times, that i didnt' hear somewhere else..

just my opinion though..