Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Josh Wink at Centro Fly?

yeah i've seen 'im...

i dunno. some of what he was doing on stage was pretty cool on an experimental level (like he set up an infinite loop of him saying "1, 2" on the mic, where the 1 would overlap with the 2, by using just a delay pedal set to feedback of 100%) but on the other hand, it smacked of bedroom-tweakerism. total white-boy knob-tweaker who stood up there playing mostly cd's with effects run through the system.

but hey, maybe he's expanded his horizons and incorporated more of his productions skillz (which i do admit he has, i mean, he DID write higher state of consciousness and Profound Sounds volume 1 just blows my mind!) since that show, which was when he opened for meat beat manifesto at irving plaza in 99 (98?).

The first time I heard Josh Wink live at Twilo, he was AWESOME... what's better... PLASTIKMAN made a surprise drop in and capped off the nite... onc of the BEST nites at Twilo i've ever had.

The second time I heard him though (after giving rave reviews about him to my friends) I was kinda disappointed... didn't really seem to go anywhere.... i'd even go as far as to say that it was boring at times. Like that music that you used to hear if you got to Twilo REALLY early... nothing to really move to... just to get you going and keep you boucing until the party got started.

I won't be able to make it... but i was hoping that the 3rd time would answer my questions about him definitely. I'll have to catch him next time.

All in All... DEFINITELY not horrible... give him a try.