Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Going to Vegas

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Vegas for Labor Day...for the second time.

Utopia is definitely cool, love those eggshell mork-from-ork seats all the way on the top level, music's not as good up there, but the privacy is. House of Blues has a good vibe downstairs and some cool scenery, love all the little rooms off the main entrance room, you really gotta explore in there. It doesn't give the best impression upon entrance. As we passed thru people were actually jamming to Michael Jackson's Billy Jean! The VIP upstairs if you can get a pass is pretty cool to chill in, it's like a theatre set up that overlooks the downstairs dance floor. Some of the other clubs I've checked out (Studio 54, C2K, Baby's, Rio) are all very nice and clean, most with a theme, nothing like the clubs we're used to in NY so it's a nice change of pace...there are carpets and elevators and all those plushy bells and whistles we don't get at home, but in my opinion they're all too commercial and pretty...

SOOooo...my final conclusion.

The best clubs by far are the AFTER HOURS!! Spare your energy for the later parties! GLO is off the hook, a really nice place, roomy and clean and they had a TOTALLY AWESOME laser show one of the nights which had me totally tripping. SRO has a real cool set up, a few different rooms with lots of nooks and crannies...just how I like em. ;) I hear Drais is banging, too, but unfortunately, the circus of colorful people that accumulated at the door the night we tried to get in was just not budging. Lots of ass pinching and jaw clenching going on, we waited so long in that freak heap that we eventually sobered up and the novelty wore off. From the looks of the line, I'm sure it was a great time, I just don't have the patience for the holiday crowds, especially not at 6am. :letsgo:

My best advice is to get your ass on a plane, get there and make some cool friends, locals or people who have been there before and find out where the off-the-strip parties are going on. Word of mouth is the way to go. We learned the hard way after following a bunch of print flyers only to find out the parties were cancelled or it was all a bust. Speaking of which, does anyone know what happened to Denny at 54 on Monday? Or what about that super dj line-up that was supposed to spin at Glo on Tuesday morning??? :confused:

Well, anyway, good luck and have a great time. It's kind of hard not to. :roll:

Where to next, party people??