Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dresscode

pumavisor808

at crobar you can usually wear anything but you have to look very cool and take girls with you, otherwise you'll be waiting at the door for hours.

at space, the are usually more strict with the dress code, except for the after hours (after 5 o 6).

That's one of the things i hate about miami, clubs want to be cool and trendy... they are so wrong... that's not cool at all. Clubbing is not to see and be seen... it for partying!!!!

Originally posted by pumavisor808

Are sleeveless shirts or dress t-shirts acceptable @ Space and Crobar??? Or do you have to dress up more that that?

space - dress t-shirts yes. sleeveless shirts only for afterhours; I know how weak..

crobar- both sleeveless and dress t-shirts are allowed.

peace, sobeton

"We don't allow gay tshirts here..."

bitches.

I think Danny shoulda put a clause in his agreement to spin that dresscode be lifted for that night. I went to the Space festival and it was a damn relief not to be dressed up for once...especially in a crowded environment like that.

I always wear a nice shirt w/ one of my lightweight puma t's underneath, and end taking off my dress shirt and rockin' the T all night instead........it sux but thats what you have to do! Plus all my good shirts are dry clean only and you don't want to get them all sweaty when your tearin' up the dance floor...........

Yeah, but the door at Crobar is pretty much evil, so don't take any chances!

Originally posted by pod

"We don't allow gay tshirts here..."

bitches.

I think Danny shoulda put a clause in his agreement to spin that dresscode be lifted for that night. I went to the Space festival and it was a damn relief not to be dressed up for once...especially in a crowded environment like that.

Isn't it cool (to be taken literally!) to not be dressed up? I've said it before, and I'll say it again for the millionth time - getting dressed up to go dancing in Miami from March-November is ludicrous. I start sweating buckets just walking from the parking lot........

I feel so bad for the doorguys at various clubs that are in suits. Then they get all ego-trippy (that magazine really blows lately BTW), and I then lose all sympathy for them.

I notice crobar though lets their doorcrew wear whatever as long as it's extravagant in some way. Doron went through his 80s rock phase recently, and now you've got Fabrizio dressing like Junior Soprano on a summer day. :idea:

I don't mind having to get inventive for clubwear, it's part of the fun...i'd tolerate a dresscode of "be inventive" for sure.

I think the fact that you had to ask this says something about the scene in any major city. Crobar Mondays were lots of fun, I used to go with jeans and a t shirt. As for Space, it is a tad more dressy, but like anywhere if you know people or put together an outfit that is casual that you can dress up. I do not think places of music should be inept of style, however people interpret dress code differently so most places make it more strict to keep out total rif raff.

Ideally it should be about the music and what it inspires you to do. Miami is filled with torists, euro trash, and who said what. I am afraid to say the two clubs you mentioned are a dieing breed.

Clubs need to have like a spiritual enema. Flush out all the pretentous 80's velvet rope shit. I dislike rap music and most hip hop. The club owners think to themselves if I alow these guys to come in like vagabonds, pants off there asses, big basketball jerseys come in, the hot girls will leave. The hot girls leave, the place goes down, because the men who have money to spend stop going because the female population drops.

a subtle fact forever chasing the tail of dogma......

To answer the question...yes you could get in with a slightly more casual look....unfortuanlty you are subjected to a money making business....and it is not about partying and the music!

This is why we most form our own groups.

Originally posted by blowflyii

I think the fact that you had to ask this says something about the scene in any major city. Crobar Mondays were lots of fun, I used to go with jeans and a t shirt. As for Space, it is a tad more dressy, but like anywhere if you know people or put together an outfit that is casual that you can dress up. I do not think places of music should be inept of style, however people interpret dress code differently so most places make it more strict to keep out total rif raff.

Ideally it should be about the music and what it inspires you to do. Miami is filled with torists, euro trash, and who said what. I am afraid to say the two clubs you mentioned are a dieing breed.

Clubs need to have like a spiritual enema. Flush out all the pretentous 80's velvet rope shit. I dislike rap music and most hip hop. The club owners think to themselves if I alow these guys to come in like vagabonds, pants off there asses, big basketball jerseys come in, the hot girls will leave. The hot girls leave, the place goes down, because the men who have money to spend stop going because the female population drops.

a subtle fact forever chasing the tail of dogma......

To answer the question...yes you could get in with a slightly more casual look....unfortuanlty you are subjected to a money making business....and it is not about partying and the music!

This is why we most form our own groups.

hey! i'm 'euro trash' -- we don't have those ridiculous dress codes in europe. Ibiza is also full of tourists, 99% of the people in the island are tourist and there not a single club with a dress code... and let me tell you, those clubs make money.