Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the future of NY clubs

As Giuliani's term is about to expire, his dislike for the NYC club scene will exit the building as well. This raises a question on Hillary's views on the the same issue and whether she will follow Giuliani's legacy in battling the clubs...

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

HILLARY? SHE REALLY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. SHE ISNT THE MAYOR. AS A SENATOR SHE DOES HAVE SOME POLITICAL INFLUENCE, BUT THE NEXT MAYOR WILL PAVE THE WAY. VOTE FOR GREEN: HE IS PRO-NIGHTLIFE

Green is really PRO-Nightlife? Thats awsome, finally someone out there is looking out for us. What are some of his belief's? or issues i don't know to much about him.. All i ever hear is shit about Alan Hevesi and Mayor Giuliani fighting like bitches.

Originally posted by illlogik

All i ever hear is shit about Alan Hevesi and Mayor Giuliani fighting like bitches.

hahaha

yea that shit is getting funny.. they said never before has a candidate started a smear campaign against someone not even running for office.. LOL

personally i don't live in ny.. therefore haven't really gotten into determinign what each candidate is about... all i hear is "green green green!" and its pretty much a perfect indication of the lack of concern by too many clubgoers for anything but nightlife..

my guess is that most pro-nightlife, pro-green advocates know little about his platform aside from that aspect...

hopefully i'm guessing wrong...

"Thank you for your letter regarding Mark Greens position on nightlife in New York.

Mark Green is supportive of the nightlife in New York. Nightlife is a huge industry. Each year, it generates $550 million in state and city tax revenue. Tourists cite it as the number one reason to visit New York. And it employs 60,000 New Yorkers. Clubs and bars are legitimate businesses, which are a powerful economic engine for New York.

The Mayor shouldnt view nightlife as an enemy. Mark will respect clubs and bars and the patrons they serve. No club owners should have to fear calling an ambulance or the police. Mark believes that police and club owners should work together so that owners are not punished for reporting a crime on their premises or for seeking police or medical assistance for a patron. This policy makes clubs safer for law abiding patrons, and it encourages club owners to report problems before they become dangerous. The City should inspect clubs and bars at times that are least disruptive - unless there is credible information of illegal acticity. However, if a club is engaged in illegal activity, Mark will not hesitate to take swift and decisive action against the club and its owners.

Most club and bar owners are legitimate business owners who want to work with the city to abide by all laws and keep patrons safe. Just as they do with the movie or theater industry, the City should develop an understanding of nightlife's positive impact and develop comprehensive policies to address its true value. The city should meet with club and bar owners to develop mutually acceptable solutions to problems associated with nightlife activity - which are mostly related to noise and nuisance activity on the street.

Mark does not view legitimate owners of nightclubs and bars as enemies. They are an integral part of the City's culture, and an important tourist draw. Mark will work with these business owners to protect patrons and make the City a safer place.

Sincerely,

shola olatoye

Issues Director"

Green is very anti guliiani. In terms of NY night-life he is the most liberal toward nightlife and is pro-clubs. I believe he is leading the race so far. Alot of people think the city will fall to back to its old self under like under dinkins but thats to be seen. Bloomberg is the closest the guliani. He doesnt know shit about politics so hes just adopting everything rudy did and trying to follow in his footsteps and is also trying to buy the election by spending all his own money on ads. Can't stand people like that. Hevesi is just ripping on rudy. Basically this race is a free for all with no clear leader. Personally I think the city is gonna go to the shits under any of thses fools b/c rudy is destroying our polce force by not paying them but I rather have green so that I can enjoy a night out.

ALL I DO KNOW IS THAT BLOOMBERG ISNT GOOD, AND ACCORDING TO RECENT POLLS, GREEN WOULD DO THE BEST AGAINST HIM

WE NEED THE GOP OUT OF THE MAYOR'S OFFICE.

AND BLOOMBERG'S EDUCATION PLAN BLOWS:HE CLAIMS THAT HIS EDUCATION PLAN WILL INVOLVE MORE TESTING (ONCE EVERY TWO YEARS) TO GAUGE PERFORMANCE BETTER. THATS ALL WELL AND GOOD BUT THE SYSTEM CURRENTLY TESTS ONCE EVERY YEAR!