Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Hunka Bunka" club review please

Who's the DJ?

Hunka Bunka is one of the nicest clubs in NJ. Unfornately they do close at 2, but they are trying to get changed back to 3. Guys have to dress nice. No jeans, no sneakers, no work boots, black pants, slacks, nice shirt.....etc., etc., etc....Friday's guys have to be 21 and Saturdays 23. The crowd is usually very good, lots of people who go to the City. Good looking, mature. I always have fun, be it Friday or Saturday.

:)

Hunka isn't that bad, I used to go there often mainly for the fact that I know all the bartenders. The music is OKAY, but sometimes they'll have jackie christie there and othere dj's which makes it pretty interesting. The crowd is good too, but since its closed at 2, at lot less people have been going and they kick you out at 1.30 am. Keep in mind, its 23 and over for guys on sat night just so you know. But I suggest you go and give it a try its not a bad place.

friday nights last fall/winter, we used to go and run the place. richie santana was always good, and they sometime brought in new talent.....now that richie has left for more $$, to go to a sucky ass place down the street, they will put in sal parm every friday. i know that many of the same people that went last year were there just for richie. now that he's gone it remains to be seen how the crowd will hold up. as far as the 2:00 closing time, don't worry about that. it's a quick ride to nyc, and bunka is a great warmup for the weekend

Originally posted by pipdaddy

friday nights last fall/winter, we used to go and run the place. richie santana was always good, and they sometime brought in new talent.....now that richie has left for more $$, to go to a sucky ass place down the street, they will put in sal parm every friday. i know that many of the same people that went last year were there just for richie. now that he's gone it remains to be seen how the crowd will hold up. as far as the 2:00 closing time, don't worry about that. it's a quick ride to nyc, and bunka is a great warmup for the weekend

Even though Richie left, I think Bunka will be able to hold it's own. I guess we'll see in about 2 weeks......

Spy: Plasmic Honey is my fav group (actually 1 of 2), so I'm dying to hear Sal Parm spin.

Peeps, thanks for the info!

Cesar: yo dude, can I get some directions? :) and tell your girly whassup

so ok another question then:

if they kick you out at 1:30, what time does it open/peeps get there? (I mean I'm used to getting to clubs after 12)

it's on Jernee Mill Road I know....more thorough directions to come. People get there early I believe now...like around 11:00-11:30 at which they let you in free to encourage people to come. Apotheosis are you goin Fri. or Sat. If your not doin anything sat you should come to CPI.....it should be real fun and open till 6:00.....I hope that one time we were there with Junya didn't give you a bad impression....actually I heard he was on for his b-day though.

Originally posted by cesarleo

Apotheosis are you goin Fri. or Sat. If your not doin anything sat you should come to CPI.....it should be real fun and open till 6:00.....I hope that one time we were there with Junya didn't give you a bad impression....actually I heard he was on for his b-day though.

I'm going Friday

Saturday sounds good, buzz me

His B-Day was an awesome night!

I wonder if the 29th will be as good.

Guest saleen351

The bunka is one of the nicest clubs I've ever been to in NYC or NJ or Philly... Great sound system awesome interior....Best looking chicks any where on the planet...When it is 21 over it is very dressed up...Sat some guys where sport coats.. Richie Sanatana is NJ hidden talent..The man is pure sick..Sure he sometimes plays to a nJ crowd but that is what all of them do...I don't think the bunka will surive with sal parm...I think he is not as well known comparded to RS as a live DJ... Sucks that abyss and the bunka when back to 2am closings....

RS will be at the shore next summer...I overheard a little birdy talking about it....

dude..save yer time and money no matter how much u like the dj thats goin to be there cause straight up Hunka Bunka is part of the representation and bad rep that nj clubs get. obviously im from jersey and 10 minutes from this club...which fuckin sucks cock and balls. but the thing is is that, what u people dont seem to fuckin realize is that south amboy train station is only 15 minutes from Hunka Bunka...so hop on the fuckin train...and hit up a damn good nyc club for a change where the real fuckin party is at.

Originally posted by pipdaddy

bunka opening party friday.

djais closing party saturday.

dammit. i'm gonna miss both if i don't kick this damn cough. i swear i've been coughing for a month

When you were at D'Jais on Sunday were you up front by the little bar by the window??? I saw a rather large gathering of big guys up there. They were jumping around and having a grand ole time? I think you know who I am talking about.....