Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DT kicked ass :)

pod

Originally posted by loraine

Ok you guys who are bashing DT are a bunch of homophobics and stereotypical idiots!!

You wouldn' t know what good music is even if it bit you in the ASS!

Then again I am wasting MY time with you losers.

I couldn't say better - I guess they are just 'being themselves'

I couldn't make it. It sounds like I would have learned a thing or two from DT. I haven't heard many world class dj's live. As a matter of fact, the only one I have heard was Digweed at Space a couple of months ago.

Let me ask you guys this: How would you compare Digweed's set to Danny's set? Or is that like comparing apples to oranges?

Originally posted by meng

I couldn't make it. It sounds like I would have learned a thing or two from DT. I haven't heard many world class dj's live. As a matter of fact, the only one I have heard was Digweed at Space a couple of months ago.

Let me ask you guys this: How would you compare Digweed's set to Danny's set? Or is that like comparing apples to oranges?

It was f@%ckn' out-of-this word. There is nothing to compare it to. Sorry you missed it!

the best moments i can remember were when he played strings of life, the real life (sampling queen's bohemian rapsody), the totally insame mix and samplings of flawless, finally (the second time), i feel loved (at the end when he played it for the 2nd or 3rd time, not sure) and at the end when he played for the last time the song he called 'free yourself' while filming us.

ok so who stayed till the end??? And was there any food being served?

I am still hurting from all the dancing...but it was well worth it.

Panchodeejay: I was not into that queen sampling bit...but I really liked how he teased us w/ " I" from the DM rmx he did and then later played the track. I actually liked that Smoke machine track cos it really got everyone dancing. Can you dance to my beat...the rhythms...........................................

Meng, Digweed's set dosen't even come close to Danny's set .. it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my entire life time, defenitely like comparing apples and oranges, the most animated dj EVER ... sorry to hear you and Lee weren't able to make it, that sucks

Look at mr. panchodeejay!! Talk about hardcore.

So what was the last record played?

I left at 930am till he finished playing another lovely version of "elements" w/ the rui da silva's "Touch me" vocals...absolut perfection and complete bliss that I left the club w/ a huge smile on my face, ofcourse still wanting to hear more.

Meng, Digweed's set dosen't even come close to Danny's set .. it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my entire life time, defenitely like comparing apples and oranges, the most animated dj EVER ..

Double Dittos..

Danny is at another level all together, like he said, "some people call me musicly insane, but I consider myself spiritually carrect".

Most definitely the DJs DJ...

Well that sucks for me.............

But isn't the style of music that Danny plays different than Digweed's?

I've heard DT's GU-Athens and it's almost straight up house......sounded nothing like Digweed.....

another thing....I've been on the GU board and they had a top five dj's of the world thread in which the top two dj's would either be Sasha or Digweed.....I wonder why Danny Tenaglia wasn't even mentioned in the top five........

These are just things I've observed.....mind you, I haven't experienced many of the world's top dj's to have the knowledge to talk about them.......

in other words........I SHOULD HAVE GONE AND SEEN FOR MYSELF DAMNIT!:(

well on a better note....I am going to check out Uberzone, Crystal Method, and Adam Freeland this weekend........back to my breakbeat roots........

Originally posted by loraine

Look at mr. panchodeejay!! Talk about hardcore.

So what was the last record played?

I left at 930am till he finished playing another lovely version of "elements" w/ the rui da silva's "Touch me" vocals...absolut perfection and complete bliss that I left the club w/ a huge smile on my face, ofcourse still wanting to hear more.

The last record he played was an acoustic ballad that I sounded like the early rolling stones but it wasn't the rs - I don't anybody there knew it. Before that one he played 'i feel loved' for the last time and 'free yourself' (it's a trancey song with female vocal - the voice it's very distorted and very hard to understand a word). I love that song - he played it at least 2 times. That was absolutely the best moment of the party - there were about 20 people plus the space staff (i think they had a great time too). The 14 hours were certainly not enough for me. I would have never left, that was the best Tenaglia EVER!! I will always love and thank Danny and Space for that.

wow, I thought it was just me that was bored out of my mind at tenag. As for digweed same thing me and friends looked at eachother at about 4 or 5 and we were like eh had enough. What happened to the day when you could not stop dancing till you fell over cuz' the dj wouldnt let you. Take me on a ride. Take me on a trip. Don't have me leaving at 4 or 5 cuz' I'm bored and people are passing out left and right.:confused:

Originally posted by doublestack

wow, I thought it was just me that was bored out of my mind at tenag. As for digweed same thing me and friends looked at eachother at about 4 or 5 and we were like eh had enough. What happened to the day when you could not stop dancing till you fell over cuz' the dj wouldnt let you. Take me on a ride. Take me on a trip. Don't have me leaving at 4 or 5 cuz' I'm bored and people are passing out left and right.:confused:

The likes of Digweed and DT are trying to legitimize dance music, and turn it into an art form. The trax these guys are spinnin' have so many levels and demensions that you have to really listen and experience the music. I think the scene has improved since the days when clubs would spin non-stop techno and cheezy happy hardcore anthems all night. You don't have a bunch of ravers dancin' around like chickens, but people who are actually into the music, and respect the talent of these new "superstar" djs! (then again what the f@%k do I know)

Peace