Clubplanet Nightlife Community

South Beach Labor Day Weekend Review!

I know its kinda long, but the DRAMA that went on is definetly worth reading:

So i got down there on friday with 4 other people. First when we went to go and get the expedition that we had reserved we were told that it was unavailable so we had to settle for a different car, still a very nive one though. Then we went back to the condo to get ready to go out and we went to Crobar. I had heard a lot about Crobar, but in my opinioni the place absolutely sucks, the music was bad and the crowd was not at all energetic. The next night we went to Opium, now this place in my opinion was great, the crowd was awesome and the music was good too. Unfortunately they closed at 5am, so we had to go what we were told was miami's only afterhours club "SPACE." Fat boy slim was DJ'ing and the music was great. The outdoor patio was awesome once the sun came out, once again unfortunately one of the people in the group wanted to leave at around 1130am, so naturally we all left even though we wanted to stay there. Now this is where the DRAMA begins....:eek: :eek: ...when we got outta the club we found our rented car with one of the tires slashed and some how all these homeless people knew that it was our car and that it had a flat tire, on top of that it turned out that somebody had broken into the car and stolen a cell phone and some money. At this point we were all fumming and 2 of the people I was with started to figth with the homeless men cause they found it funny since they knew who had broken into the car. One of the people in our group ran twds one of the homeless men and the guy pulled out a knife, and then another homeless pulled out a hyperdermic needle and tried to use it on us. Thank god that as soon as this happened about 5 cop cars pulled up, guns drawn and all, i honestly think that if they had not shown up that one of us would been stabbed and gotten HIV or somethin. All the cops kept sayin to us was "u guys are from NY u should b used to this kinda shit".....this shit does not happen in NY, the homeless people here may ask for money but they dont pull out knives and needles on people.

O and another thing that night that we went to crobar after we left we went to a place called wolfies to get somethin to eat. while we were eatin some guy runs into the place and runs outta the diner with the entire register in his hand. WTF is goin on in this city!

All in all the nightlife in south beach is good, but the city itself it really really really shady, and everybody thinks that they are a model......get a fuckin clue and buy a mirror cause ur not gonna b a model unless its in the before picture!

Has anybody else been to south beach and seen some of the same stuff?

peace!:D

Guest saleen351

Yo Miami is sooo much dirty and crime ridding then NYC or any where in jersey....SoBE is awesome. a little pricey if you ask me...I was drinking 10$ cornonas one nite at some dump called shawdow louge....They must of played like every madaona remix possible...The whole city has this madonna thing going on...I think its gay...EVen a strip club was called Club madonna which I here she sued them...A lot of homeless peps on A1A ocean drive late night... Hear is a what a jersey cop told me one time...If you go into miami the cops use to tell you not to go to certain areas for gas and shit like that...but the cops got in trouble cause it descriminated against ppl...BS if you ask me..I like lauderdale better that is why I'm moving there soon.... more nyc and nj ppl in FT L.Mimia chicks are hot but not compared to a NJ or Staten I. chicks... but they don't have attitudes down there...But bro the weather at 6am when the sun comes up is awesome... But the nj and nyc djs go there alot so the music at least once a month is hot....

I JUST GOT BACK FROM SOUTH BEACH LAST TUESDAY HAD A GOOD TIME THO!! I HIT UP CLUB SPACE TOO!! I KNOW WHAT IS UP WITH THE HOMELESS PEEPS DOWN THERE!! THIS HOMELESS MAN DIRECTED US INTO A PARKING SPACE WHEN WE TURNED UP THE BLOCK TO GO TO SPACE WE WERE LIKE HUH??? AT FIRST WE WERE NERVOUS CUZ WE THOUGHT HE WAS DIRECTING US FOR ANOTHA REASON LOL!! BUT EVERYTHING TURNED OUT OKAY WHEN WE GOT BACK TO OUR CAR LATER!! I GUESS HE JUST WANTED A TIP!! THE SQUEEGEE MAN OMG HE TRULY STARTED CLEANING OUR WINDOWS WE WERE SAYING NO TO HIM NOT TO CELAN OUR WINDOWS!! THEN HE STARTS FUCKING RUBBIN OUR WINDOWS WITH IS DIRTY ASS TOWEL !! WE HAD TO BANG ON OUR WINDOWS FOR HIM TO STOP I MEAN IT TOOK US SO LONG TO GET HIM OFF OF OUR CAR!!! OH GOD AND I DEF KNOW WHAT U MEAN ABOUT THAT MODEL TIP!!! ESPECIALLY BY TROPICAL CAFE ON THE STRIP!! BUT I ENJOYED CLUB SPACE THO !! I KNOW YOU DEFINITELY ENJOYED THE DANCERS LOL!!! DAMN MAN EVEN DOWN THERE THE FUCKIN HIPHOP ROOMS ARE STUFFY!! IT WAS SO FUNNY THO CUZ WHEN THE DANCERS CAME OUT THE WHOLE CROWD STOPPED DANCING AND WATCHED THEM AND OVER HERE IN NEW YORK WE DONT DO THAT THEY COME OUT AND WE KEEP ON GOING DANCING OUR ASSES OFF THERE ARE ONLY LIKE 2 PEOPLE DROOLING OVER THEM LOL!! I WAS LIKE GOING OFF DANCING WHEN THEY CAME OUT I WAS LIKE FUCK THAT I GOT TO KEEP THAT SHIT NEW YORK STYLE!!! LOL!!!

For the most part, South Beach is played out...and has been for the past few years, especially on holiday weekends...

Quite frankly, mainstream NYC killed the whole vibe down there...

Oh yeah...to the person who made the "Madonna- South Beach" comments.....have you been living under a rock?

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by igloo

For the most part, South Beach is played out...and has been for the past few years, especially on holiday weekends...

Quite frankly, mainstream NYC killed the whole vibe down there...

Oh yeah...to the person who made the "Madonna- South Beach" comments.....have you been living under a rock?

No I don't live under a rock...what are you saying.....

one thing that i can't stand about SB is the bottle service factor. it completely ridiculous that you have to pay $180 a bottle to get a seat in a lounge down there. i was down there this past weekend and it was a pretty shady scene. different element then jan-mar. overall the clubs don't have the same vibes as NY. thats my opinion.