Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pondering the future

As I have said once or twice (or maybe more) on this board, I am going to London for school for the year at the end of September. Now that that is out of the way a question or two:

1) How prevalent is ecstacy in the UK club scene? I'm from the NYC area (don't even get into that, I've been reading that other discussion on this board) and it seems that e is everywhere. The majority of clubbers seem to be rolling face rather than getting drunk (although this perception may be due to the fact that I can't go to 21+ nights). I am fully aware of the English affinity for alcohol, so I was wondering if most UK clubbers are rolling their balls off or are getting a li'l tipsy on the old fire water.

2) Are there still raves over there? I remember reading when I was first getting into clubbing/raving that the whole scene originated on the other side of the Atlantic. I also remember reading about constant police harassment and raves being broken up. So, I was unsure as to whether or not there is still a rave scene.

Unts.