Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Scott Henry transcript

a1wave

sterling, VA: it seems to be a trend as of late that the dejays are charging an arm and a leg for two hour sets at clubs. and also more and more is being put into the decorations, and themes for the venue. This has been resulting in an increase in admission costs (the average seems between 15 - 25 dollars now a days). Do you see this as a trend that will just continue upward? And are you afraid that there will be a ceiling cap, where the party kids are like "forget it, im not paying 45 dollars to go to the club tonight"....

Scott Henry: Well.. we try to pride ourselves in offering th ebest line-ups at teh best prices. Our normal admission is $ 12 before 11 PM and $ 15 after 11 PM with talent that was comparable to Twilo who charged $ 25 - $ 45. IT's very hard to keep prices down when dj fees keep going up and up. Some dj's that will go unnamed get $25,000 and higher for spinning a two hour set. It has become ridiculous. I think the dj fees will hit a cap eventually when the promoters start to say no way.

I wonder who these unnamed DJs could be?

The Did You Know trivia for the day:

Did you know that the King of Cheese, when he came here in November, got $30,000 to spin at Buzz for two hours, and another $30,0000 to spin at 5 later that night for another two hours? At least that's what I was told by my friend that worked at 5.

That's it! I'm spinning all cheese from now on. That's where the money's at. ;)