Clubplanet Nightlife Community

need some info??

hmnyc

a couple months ago i met some guy at the limelight who seemed mad chill and he wanted to get together to try and sell ecstacy. i really didn't want to do it so i told my friend and gave him his number, i didn't want to get involved. the guy from the limelight gave me his cousin's number to call him cause before they would buy anything they wanted samples of pills that we had. i met with this guys cousin and gave him 2 pills no money exchanged. after that my friend took over and met later on that week with the guy, and he ended up being an undercover cop. they didn't come after me until like three weeks after i met with the undercover. i was arrested and almost lost my job but somehow i didn't. neway i was wondering, for 2 pills and no money exchanged can i look at jail time?? ive never been arrested before, and im not a dealer and the cops know that. i have my court date in 2 weeks and im pissed for getting myself involved in this stupid shit. does anyone have any info.

thanx

hmnyc@aol.com

They raided a friends apartment...caught him with different substances and a lot of cash....he's getting off on probation.

They're really after the big guys so I doubt you'll have any problems. Kinda sounds like entrapment though. I would have your lawyer look into that.

thanx for the replies. out of so many people on this board no one knows shit thats kinda hard to believe, i know no one in here is straight edge. i just need to know if there is a harsh penalty for giving an undercover 2 pills for no money being exchanged? is there jail time involved with this?

do you have an attorney? what are they telling you? two pills, plus no $$$, does not sound to me like there is an issue. you may get off with a fine or nothing at all.......... i can't believe they are wasting the time and $$$ to prosecute you for that small amount.... is this your 1st court date, if so the case may be dropped at that point...

good luck!

its gonna be me 3rd court appearence. the 1st one was when i was arrested and the cops put me on ROR (no clue what it means), the 2nd i told them i needed an attorney and now i got the appearence in like 2 weeks and it sux, cause i can't believe their wasting their time on this kinda shit, and they know im not a drug dealer.

Originally posted by hmnyc

thanx for the replies. out of so many people on this board no one knows shit thats kinda hard to believe, i know no one in here is straight edge. i just need to know if there is a harsh penalty for giving an undercover 2 pills for no money being exchanged? is there jail time involved with this?

there are a few straight-edge peeps in here, but yeah most of this board knows about that shit

FIRST OFF YOU CAN RELAX BACAUSE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO JAIL! EVEN THOUGH WHAT YOU DID IS CONSIDERED DEALING DRUGS AND IS ILLEGAL. ANYWAY, YOU ARE GOING TO LUCK OUT IN THIS SITUATION. YOU STATED THAT YOU WERE NEVER ARRESTED BEFORE. THAT IS YOUR SAVIOR. WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN IS WHEN YOU GO TO COURT ON YOUR COURT DATE, (AND MAKE SURE YOU SHOW UP), THE JUDGE IS GOING TO HEAR THE CASE AND ALSO SEE THAT YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN ARRESTED BEFORE. HE IS THEN GOING TO LISTEN TO ALL THE EVIDENCE AND WILL THEN GIVE YOU A CONDITIONAL DISCHARGE. A CONDITIONAL DISCHARGE IS BASICALLY LIKE PROBATION. IF YOU STAY CLEAN, (MEANING DONT GET ARRESTED AGAIN), FOR ONE YEAR, AT THE END OF THE ONE YEAR YOUR RECORD WILL BE EXPUNGED, (MEANING WIPED CLEAN OF THE CHARGES)...YOU LUCKED OUT CAUSE YOU WERENT A REAL MAJOR PLAYER BUT YOU SHOULD NEVER GET INVOLVED IN THIS AGAIN, UNLESS YOU WANT TO SERVE SOME JAIL TIME THE NEXT TIME AROUND! GOOD LUCK..DONT WORRY....U WILL BE FINE.........THE JESTER