Clubplanet Nightlife Community

my weekend in Miami!

pumavisor808

Just got back from the long weekend in Miami...

I just wanted to say that I had the most amazing 3 days ever down there.

Everything was perfect!

Airline tickets from Albany to Ft Lauderdale - $60 roundtrip on Delta!!

Got into Fl Lauderdale airport @ 2pm

Free upgrade at the rental car place to a Mustang Convertible plus we had the car for free anyway (my girlfriend's a travel agent and gets some sick deals!!)

Got to our hotel- We were supposed to stay at the Kent but there was problems w/ the room so they moved us to the Cavalier right on the beach instead.

took a nap..went shopping...

Went to Crobar Saturday night... got right in (2 min wait maybe) Took the most amazing pill I ever had.. Met bartender on second floor who was from NY and he hooked us up with drinks all night!!! We danced our asses off till close and decided to call it a night.

Sunday - went to Pearl for dinner... OMG.. I didn't believe they could put this many beautiful people in one place. The food, drinks, Dj, service and people at this restaurant/club are amazing! This place is a MUST when going to Miami.

Grand Finale- DT @ Space! Ordered tickets over the net so no waiting in line again! I thought I was going to need a wheelchair to leave because my legs were so tired by the time we left (around 10 am). I wish we could have stayed longer but we had to catch our flight back to Albany which was at 2pm and we still had to checkout of the hotel!

Rating for Miami..(1-5)

people - 5 (great vibe and everyone is beautiful!)

clubs - 5 (clubs were never too crowded and door policy wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be)

music - 5 (DT @ Space)

overall atmosphere - 5!!

Thanks to everyone in Miami who made our weekend one to never forget!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

I have to agree. Miami is the place to party. We had dinner at Tantra on Friday night, hit Crobar later. Didn't have to wait since we were early.

On Saturday we decided to try Opium Garden since a few people that we met recommended it. We got there around 11PM thinking we could walk in and there was a small line to the right of the entrance and a bunch of people on the left which we figured was the guest list. About 15 mins later the line disintergrated and everyone rushed the ropes. Needless to say, coming from NY we were quite shocked and it took us a while to get to the ropes.

The French guy had the usual attitude and finally he let us in at 12AM. This club is different. It was surely worth the pain outside.

Sunday - we decided to have lunch at Nikki Beach, work on our tans on the beach and come back for the beach party. I frankly haven't seen so many great looking and well appointed women in one place. The music was too soft and unfortunately there was no place designated for dancing so it wasn't fun if you were a serious dancer. We left early and walked down Ocean drive, popped into Mango's Tropical Cafe where a reggae/ragga band was doing there stuff and headed to the hotel.

Monday was a beach day - got back to Newark late.

All in all - Miami is a great place to hang out. You guys sure know how to have a good time. Stay cool!

Sam.:tongue:

:blown:

I'd have to agree with the boring part... There is absolutely nothing to do here... The scene here is all college bars and kiddie raves... There is only one real club, which has been open only a year now (The place is great but you can get sick of it real quick). Thank god NYC is only 2 hours away and Montreal 3 hours.... I would go insane if they weren't.

:hump:

Originally posted by pod

Did part of my growing up about an hour north of albany. Good place to live, just terribly boring if you had an iota of intelligence. Give me Miami any day :)

I actually like that area up there! True, Albany doesn't seem to have much going for it, except for that cool bridge over the icy Hudson (hey I'm from Miami, I get excited over things like that!), but if you were still up there, you could make the drive to Burlington, Vermont! A very cool, happening town in my book. It reminds me of an extremely cold, smaller Eastern version of San Francisco.