Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone going to Djai's closing???

lollib

Is anyone going to Djai's closing party this Saturday? I heard a nasty rumor that the place was sold, being knocked down and they are going to build condos. I hope that this is just a rumor because I love that place. I have so many greta memories from this summer and the past 3 summers there! :mad:

Personally I could care less if that place turns into condos (not to criticize you but I can't deal w/it) but this whole place being sold & turned into condos thing is so played. Surf Club, D'Jai's, hmmm...what else? Next thing you know the entire Seaside Boulevard will be sold and turned into a retirement community. Please people, don't believe everything you hear until it happens!

No, believe me, I wont believe it until I see it. I have heard from numerous people though that they want Belmar to be a "family town" in the next couple of years. I dont see how that could really happen from just getting rid of one club but I guess we'll see. Although if they knock Djai's down, i will have no reason to go to Belmar since that is the only place I like in that town. BAr A sucks!!!- no offense to anyone!!!:blown:

My good friend goes out with the owner of DJais and as far as she has heard, this is just a rumor once again!

As far as the closing party goes, I will probably be going, not 100% sure yet though! Thank god I have my house for this weekend to crash at if I decide to go!

:) :)

there definitely is a push going on to turn belmar into a "family" town". you can see it happening all over the place, from the ordinances and stupid rules about kiddie pools on your lawn, to the way cops treat the rentals in the summer. i don't know how much money we spent on overcrowding and noise violations.

if it wasn't for the summer rental crowd in belmar, that place would be just like the rest of the crack houses in the area....just like asbury. they have no idea how good people like us are to the economy and everything alse around there. families aren't going to bring 40 people per house each weekend to spend money on all kinds of bs. so if they did try to shut down djais, i don't think it would be a surprise. a couple more fight like last weekend, and they have more reasons and votes to do it..

Hey Lollib,

As you know I've done a big boycott on DJAIS!!!! Whoever said they play the same music all the time WELL SAID!!!!!

Let me tell you all about my experiences and others and as to why I think we should all boycott BELMAR!!

1. I got my car towed about 2 weeks ago it cost me $300 to get my car back.

2. I got harassed by some dickwad beach badge patrol faggot. While my friends and I were soaking up the rays on the free beach, which if you may not know is the beach between the border of belmar and spring lake on 20th. You see my friend and I families' have real beach houses in LBI (long beach island) and we refuse to pay to go on the fake belamr beaches as opposed to the beautiful beaches of BELMAR. THis loser came up and made us physically move our stuff past the sign that said "No beach badges required beyond this point" What a fuckin herb, so beach badge patrol hard on if you reading this, the only reasoin you have such a hard on is because all you'll ever be your whole life is a beach badge checker!!!

3. My best friend got a speeding ticket in which she received 2 points on her liscene.... she found out what losers the cops in belmar really are

1. a kid was there for getting a $122 ticket for not having a beach badge and even better....

2. The town of great OLE BELMAR ran a sting operation on a bike driver who would drive drunk people home for free on the basis of getting a tip. They went as far as to have an UNDERCOVER COP ask for a ride home and when he didn't get a tip the kid expressed his insult, in which he was then arrested. The poor kid is just trying to drive someone home who is drunk. DO you think the town of BELMAR would promote "people not driving drunk" of course not. They would rather we get in our cars and drive home so they can give you a DUI and make more $$$$$$$ off our asses, never mind the 2 grand we pay on some shit shack slumlord owned hole in the back of a house. So no I won't be going to DJAIS closing, and if they do knock it down I will have a DJAIS IS GONE party in my house in ortely next year. Sorry LOLLIB you know I love you, but I hate on the DJAIS!!!!!!!!

LOL

"You must stand up to fall down"

:laugh: :laugh: :blank:

Hey, Rocketfuel, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I personally havent had any bad experiences in Belmar so honestly, i dont mind going. Hey, before you were a Temps junkie, you liked Djai's-j/k! Dont worry though, we'll party it up on the 6th for your b-day and maybe you can see God again like you did for mine! Hey, are you actually doing work today??? Dont disappoint me!!!