Clubplanet Nightlife Community

9/7 at Limelight

dw

Another fun-filled night...

Much props to exodust for recruiting board people to come out for this

Shouts to people I met: mugwump, lavendermenace, crobra (and PIC... cool having someone to share Love Parade stories with!), trancend (sux that World wouldn't let you in with the UFO's - what's up with that?), tunnelbandit, nyc420, scottyskribz, blueangel (and Mitchell), rld2g, shadowchaser

As well as non-board people and anyone I may have forgotten about, or whose name I didn't quite catch

Definitely felt like I met many more people

I was running back and forth between the chapel and the main room. In the chapel, the 3 Dj's (Charlie Ruhle, Anthony V, Star) kept quite a good vibe going. There was even an old guy tap dancing there at one point in the night! The end of Anthony's set made me think a little of Sven Vath - now when is he ever coming back to NY? (that's ok - I'm planning to catch him in Ibiza)

The main floor featured Keoki, who I saw for the first time. I thought that he did not suck. He closed the place out at 5:38 am.

Did anyone try to find the 1 am meetup, but couldn't?

One other thing - early on when I was on the main floor, some guy (looked like a lights guy - he was wearing a "Drug Free School Zone", or some parody of it, t-shirt) told me to throw a paper ball at one of the records that the opening DJ was playing so to screw her up, and so (after some series of events) he could "kick me out" (I don't know whether he meant literally or figuratively, but that's what he said). I had no interest in doing so, but the guy kept insisting, and it took me some resistance to get away from him. WTF was that about? :confused:

Anyone encountered such a situation before?

What's up dw?

It was nice meeting you and chatting about Loveparade - the whole "throw paper" thing, so I can throw you out - sounds a little weird!! It was nice meeting everyone - mad props to exodust and mugz for setting it up - it was nice meeting you both - mugz, we finally meet after missing each other so many times, I knew you would be mad chill - is great hangin with you. Transcend - it was cool chillin with you most of the night and tunnelbandit - I had great time last night!!

Keoki didn't suck like that night at the Tunnel in July and the dj's in the chapel room were great, nice job guys!! Scottyskribz - it was nice meeting your crazy ass, dude it was great watching you get all pumped in the beginning of the night!! I know I met a bunch of other people from the board, The two guys at the end of the night who sitting on the stage - I don't recall all the names - it was great meeting you all!!

i had a good time, hanging out with mugz, lavendermenace, and gothzane

although i was a bit disappointed to not hear mugz rant

and i'm sorry but those strobe lights on the main floor were fucking annoying:mad: . i have such a headache!

all in all..a good night

it was so refreshing to hear tribal and trance

and once again charrails-thanx for the fantastic set:)

Truely a great night!

The Chappel had such a great vibe..

lots of people running around happy to finally meet each other..

It really rekindled my clubbing spirits to see so much love on the floors..

everyone dancing and smiling..

Keoki was actually really great!

I kept running back and forth from the main dance floor to the chappel..

REALLY GREAT TO MEET ALL OF YOU!

I won't start naming all of you because I always miss someone and I get yelled at..

But thanks to all of you that came out!

I danced my fucking ass off..

MUST DO IT AGAIN!

i had an awesome time...it was really cool meeting all of you

i liked keoki a lot more than i thought i was going to, the chapel music was cool too...what happened with liquid todd?

eek, im in the process of recovering now...maybe ill have something more profound to say later

I wasn't gonna do this but here it goes:

EXODUST: Thanks for throwing this all together..Everyone had a great time and it was finally good to get to chill with you..hope that LOFT party comes together soon.(Too bad Lexi never made it)

CHARALLIS: Amaaazing set bro! Had me jumpin around for a long time..you really had the floor moving and screaming "CHAARRRLIIIEE!" Loved the selection and your skills are dead on! (Z was very impressed!) Must do it again soon..

DW: Nice to meet you..sorry to hear some weirdo was pestering you about throwing shit at turntables (weird!)

SkottySkribs: You've got some mad energy bro..and you fucking rock with sticks..Had a great time dancing with you..you motivated the floor to move on more than a couple ocassions..Gotta def hit up BOO together!

NYC420: Great to finally meet your smokey ass! We've had our drama on the boards on more than a couple ocassions but it's all goood! Gotta smoke a splif with you next time!

JayP: Didn't get to talk to you too long but you DEF had the vibe last night..all smiles and dancing around..hope to catch you more often on CP..

TripandTrance: I know you hardly ever come around here but if you read this I just want to say THANKS for the puff..it was great chillin with you and dancing to KEOKI! Miss you around here man!

TRANCEND: Great to finally meet you bro! Sorry about WORLD..from what I hear though it sounds like you made the right choice by stoping by LL..the VIBE with you guys was better than many parties I've been @ in a long time! Hope we get to hit up many parties in the future..(Ones that let you in no matter WHAT you wear!)

Tunnelbandit: YO! Thanks for hooking me up man! You DEF added an extra "BUMP" to my good mood..LOL* Hope to see you and Justin around more often..

CROBRA: Shit! It's about godamn time we get to run into each other. Hope you and your girl had a good time. We have to hang out in Astoria sometime soon and share GLOBAL clubbing stories sometime..L*

Bigpoppanills: Thanks for the lighter bro! Sorry I was too bussy jumping around to rant and rave to you..LOL* Gotta go hit up some S&M Industrial party next time! Talk to Heretic and ask him what a good night to hit up La Justin would be? see ya soon..

Gothzane: So you finally witnessed the mugwump stomp! Kinda dissapointing isn't it..just a goofy little guy hopping around and getting all sweaty! Great to see you out..loved talking about music and sitting on the stage for a while..hope I didn't step on your feet while I was jumping around next to you..

SleepisWaste: Z! You suck..nah..glad you stayed at least for a while..Next time hope we get to bug out at Cream at our own party! See ya @ the Loft tonight!

ALL THE REST OF YOU EZDREAMER PUNKS:

When the fuck did you guys take off?

Great to see you though..I'll post a rant on your board soon...

**FORGIVE ME IF I FORGOT ANYONE!**

It's been a looong night..I need to go take a nap now..

see you all at the next meetup!

peace and

H

U

G

Z

M

U

G

Z

:D:rolleyes::tongue:

Originally posted by trancend

i liked keoki a lot more than i thought i was going to, the chapel music was cool too...what happened with liquid todd?

I believe Liquid Todd was on for a short time, right before Keoki

Guy wearing a bandanna, right?

Originally posted by mugwump

I wasn't gonna do this but here it goes:

Bigpoppanills: Thanks for the lighter bro! Sorry I was too bussy jumping around to rant and rave to you..LOL* Gotta go hit up some S&M Industrial party next time! Talk to Heretic and ask him what a good night to hit up La Justin would be? see ya soon..

Gothzane: So you finally witnessed the mugwump stomp! Kinda dissapointing isn't it..just a goofy little guy hopping around and getting all sweaty! Great to see you out..loved talking about music and sitting on the stage for a while..hope I didn't step on your feet while I was jumping around next to you..

um....mugz, i think u have me and gothzane confused......

I had a great time last night, though I think Keoki got better toward the end - and by 4:30 I was out of energy! I spent most of the time in the chapel room; which was a lot of fun and great beets w/ lots of room to hop around.

trancsend, mugz, and dw: it was great talking to you guys, you all made it a great night for me!

By the way I was the girl with the pink/white loveparade shirt and grey UFOs. ehem - as MUGZ reffers to me here, quite impersonally "crobra's girl". Hmmm mugz, I think this calls for some cyber bitchslapping! lol

Anyway, hope to see you all at the next meetup!

Just want to say Thanks for coming to support Charlie, Anthony & myself. I hope everyone had a good time. I was running around everywhere because so many things got screwed up that I couldn't meet some of you. I apologize for that, we'll meet next time. I know one person that came up to me was Scottyskribz. It was nice meeting you Scotty by the way... Where do you get all that ENERGY?? lol

It was great meeting Charlie and hearing his banging set following with Anthony's Crazy Techo. set.

Awesome turnout. It seemed like the chapel was more packed then the main floor in the beginning. Great Vibe!

Once again, thank you for all your support!

-Star (4Elements / Limelight)