Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Michael Jackson concert review!!

aight, first of all, I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON!!! he was off the hook....onto the review. The concet started about an hour late which sucked because we were just standing around doing nothing. I was in section 64 which was right on the side and a little behind the stage. i was able to move over so iwas directly on the side and could see everything. the performances were awesome, especially mya, usher and whitney. they had a lot of energy. when marlon brando came out talking about dying children it kinda got the crown upset and bored. they stopped too many times for tech problems and shit which was a real bore. before Michael came on the concert really wasnt as good as it was hyped up to be. When Michael came on , it was absolutly rediculous. He had an awesome entrance comming up from the floor. He started his set with the rest of the Jackson 5 dong thier most popular songs which was awesome. He then did "the way u make me fell" with britney spears which was cool. I was kinda upset that he didnt do Smooth Criminal (my fav) and Thriller. I sure everyone is familiar with seeing those videos of people fainting at his concert and shit, and i can tell u that it is definatly possible. i had goosbumps and was near tears the whole time he was out, his performance was absolutly amazing and i have never seen anything like it. I cant wait to see his new tour after his album comes out.

His reign of KING AS POP is going strong and he will always be on top.

peace out

gianni

Originally posted by ggfella4

aight, first of all, I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON!!! he was off the hook....onto the review. The concet started about an hour late which sucked because we were just standing around doing nothing. I was in section 64 which was right on the side and a little behind the stage. i was able to move over so iwas directly on the side and could see everything. the performances were awesome, especially mya, usher and whitney. they had a lot of energy. when marlon brando came out talking about dying children it kinda got the crown upset and bored. they stopped too many times for tech problems and shit which was a real bore. before Michael came on the concert really wasnt as good as it was hyped up to be. When Michael came on , it was absolutly rediculous. He had an awesome entrance comming up from the floor. He started his set with the rest of the Jackson 5 dong thier most popular songs which was awesome. He then did "the way u make me fell" with britney spears which was cool. I was kinda upset that he didnt do Smooth Criminal (my fav) and Thriller. I sure everyone is familiar with seeing those videos of people fainting at his concert and shit, and i can tell u that it is definatly possible. i had goosbumps and was near tears the whole time he was out, his performance was absolutly amazing and i have never seen anything like it. I cant wait to see his new tour after his album comes out.

His reign of KING AS POP is going strong and he will always be on top.

peace out

gianni

That really is a shame about the technical problems... I know a few of the lighting guys there and they worked their asses off!

As for Michael, I wish I could have seen his performance :( He's a true legend and helped define pop and just overall music with his crazy effects and mixing work. He is da man :)

Originally posted by crystalmethod

That really is a shame about the technical problems... I know a few of the lighting guys there and they worked their asses off!

As for Michael, I wish I could have seen his performance :( He's a true legend and helped define pop and just overall music with his crazy effects and mixing work. He is da man :)

yea, im sure they did work their asses off, light show was awesome along with all the pyrotechnics. very cool stuff. yea, his performance was just increadible. am def going to see him agian.

peace out

gianni

After the first song, starting something, Usher Mya and Whitney, everything else sucked until the Jackson 5 came on. From there on out it was insane, MJ is without a doubt the best live performance I have ever seen. He is completely off the hook. I am glad he was as good as he was because I was so pissed off at the rest of the garbage I almost left early to hit limelight.

On the radio this morning people were talking about Whitney...that she really looked horrific at the show. They said she's so thin, skin & bones, that the TV station broadcasting it later on in the year was thinking about cutting her part of the show.....was this true? What do you think?

Lisa Pure

Originally posted by ReginaP

I heard similar raves from other people who went to the show...that he had everyone in tears...can you put into words what was so great about it? It sounds like something I definitely should have looked into...:)

yea, a lot of people near me had tears in their eyes. Its hard to say a specific thing, he just has so much energy and life in his performance that its breathtaking. Also for me, that I know everything he has done and accomplished that to actually see him perform is just unbelievable. My favorite part was when he did his motown performance of Billie Jean. Anyone that was there knows how he went about doing it.

peace out

gianni