Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I Hate The Freakin Radio!!!!!!!!!!!

i hate when i don't have any cd's with me!!! u know what is funny~~ z100&ktu have the countdowns...u know at 8 and 9 0'clock.....but those are the only songs they play all day!! !:mad: :mad: i am really bored right now~just had to add that!

the reason why the radio sucks is because of payola cash. it is illegal for record companies to pay radio stations to play their songs, so what they do is set up "promotion" companies who take the record labels' money and give it to the radio stations to play their songs. the biggest culprit is clear channel, the wonderful owners of at least 4 radio stations in the new york area.

please read more here:

http://www.salon.com/ent/music/feature/2001/07/24/urban_radio/index.html

http://www.salon.com/ent/music/feature/2001/04/03/payola2/index.html

http://www.salon.com/business/feature/2000/07/25/sfx/index.html

rob

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

I only like the radio, if I haven't listened to it for a while, other than that I wanna shoot myself. I hate being in cars without CD player, or even tape players for that matter..... :blown:

I just got my cd player's faceplate back from Clarion(i had to send it away for repairs, damn fuse blew) after a month of listening to NOTHING while driving everywhere I go.... Any music so far in the last 3 days is great to me now. hehe but I seriously started getting fed up when I switched from my local radio station K104 to Z100, then to KTU and they ALL had on the same song... are you fuckin kidding me???:blown:

Originally posted by roninmess

hehe but I seriously started getting fed up when I switched from my local radio station K104 to Z100, then to KTU and they ALL had on the same song... are you fuckin kidding me???:blown:

I HATE that.....It's good exposure for them, but bad for our ears:mad:

Originally posted by xxlea

What's funny is that it also applies to Spanish radio stations. The same 5 songs over and over and over again.

My friend, being the dork she is, will put down all the windows and start blaring the spanish station....It's kinda funny....for the first 30 seconds...

Originally posted by bdinke01

Radio sucks...haven't listened to it for years...I need my music! Oh...and "msoprano13"..why did you choose that screen name?...Do you look like Meadow?...or just like the sopranos?

m=mike

soprano=ill show

13=italian good luck number

i usually listen to the radio cuz i dont got a cd player in my car, and i gotta admit that it does suck most of the time, they play a good song every once and a while that i havent heard in a while that i like to hear.....im suprised mike hasnt asked why i havent made a tape yet.

peace out

gianni