Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i'm OK. everyone else check in! i'm worried sick about all of you!

omg i am still shaken up of what i seen and heard. I work on wall st near seaport and as I was going to work I seen the buildings burning , then later seen them collapsed. My sympathies for the lives lost . I also had to walk the brooklyn bridge to get home..am okay...just what a disaster. I am really scared, hope there wont be anymore attacks. :( Lets pray for the lives lost and also for us.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You dread events like this, you even expect these sort of terrorist attacks to take place. But you never ever thought it would happen this close to home. Let's hope that all our loved ones are accounted for, and whomever is responsible for this disaster is put in their right place. There is nothing we can do, just watch the terror on our televisions.

There was an extreemly long line to give blood down here at the hospital in New Brunswick. They we're only accepting type O- blood, which I am not. I would love to donate, but I have a cold and i know they will not accept. Today is a terrible terrible day. Love to all. --Yarin

I was expecting to be there (WTC Mall) today to hit a couple of stores as they opened... My roomate (saintjsc) is running a high fever and has a bad case of strep, so I was running late trying to call his job to tell them he wouldn't be in today; that made me about 20 minutes late. Thank god he is sick, or else I would have been in or just outside (grabbin a smoke as I waited) the towers on Church St.

I just can't stop shaking, and the tears come and go, but I know the memories will last even longer. I was standing up by Christ Hospital in JCity to watch the towers fall... so odd to realize that there is no more tall building inside that cloud of dust and smoke. The smoke is rising, but we could taste the dust in the air over in Jersey. Countless lives affected, huge amounts of mney lost, huge amount of infrastructure changed... a skyline, a city, a nation, a world irreparably altered in the name of blood. How revolting.

World markets are getting crushed today, I imagine domestics will follow suit as soon as they reopen. Trading is being halted worldwide on bomb threats; world leaders are debating opening trading "tomorrow" as that rolls around the world. Fuck martyrdom, I don't think there should be any pity or respect for whomever did this, nor for their reasons.

My first reaction was to begin speaking the words I memorized nearly 8 years ago:

(December 8, 1941)

To the Congress of the United States:

Yesterday, Dec. 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy - the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.

The United States was at peace with that nation and, at the solicitation of Japan, was still in conversation with the government and its emperor looking toward the maintenance of peace in the Pacific. ...

I Don't expect Bush to be anywhere near as eloquent, but dammit, I expect him to be as effective.

ichi

my best friend goes to a different skool than me and he told me that when a teacher announced that the wtc is under attack and a plane crashed into it, a kid behind him actually raised his hand and asked "r there any casualties?" WTF KIND OF A QUESTION IS THAT??? how much more ignorant can u get!

Originally posted by silente

I'm fine, but everyone on my campus (in Westchester) is going apeshit. People are trying to get ahold of friends and relatives that worked in the financial district - a few teachers have kids at school down there. It's crazy. Most of the faculty is stuck in the city, so a lot of classes are cancelled, but geez...you can't really celebrate it, you know?

Same here at Rutgers. Our phone system was packed with calls I couldn't call out or in. And I still haven't gotten in touch with a girl I know in the city who works part time at WTC, but she had to have been in class today.

Guest jaxl
Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

I can't even imagine being a little kid and having to deal with this. I'm supposed to be an adult, I still don't completely get it......

I don't think it really matters how old you are, it just doesn't make sense and probably never will. Such a waste of lneedless waste of lives.

Prayers & thoughts are with anyone who lost anyone as because of this tragedy.

I didn't find out until after my hour and a half commute to work at 10am we kept the studio open for the kids (performing arts studio) it made dealing with it even harder....dealing with mothers calling up crying (most of the families in Morris County NJ have one or two parents working in manhattan, esp. the financial district) and having to smile and act normal for the little ones (we start at 2 1/2 yrs old).....holding their hands knowing they have no clue what's going on or if they do they do not fully understand......they tell you one of their parents is still in NYC and they don't know why......then you come home to de-stress and the tv is on everywhere---even the gym I couldn't turn my trance and house up loud enough while I ran Finally had drinks last night with friends....it was just nice to do something normal I don't know...I feel like if we all wallow in the misery of the situation then they win it's not celebrating when we go out it's jst being together and celebrating life esp in remembrance of those lost my thoughts are with all of you still searching If you live in NJ (essex, bergen counties, etc) the Ramada Inn on Route 3 is taking item donations I think.....we're going to try to drop off some snacks and socks

take care everyone hug some friends

Kristy.

Originally posted by sharonregina

Hey everyone. i hope this is the hardest thing any of us will ever have to cope with. pray for peace and stay strong-

-sharon

Great talking to you Friday doll :) It's been like a week since I've seen you, that must change.

I'm so glad so many of you are okay. My thoughts are with those still missing, or coping & grieving with loss...