Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ok LL rookie with some question about music genres.

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

A while back I went to the LL for the first time, Some black dude was spining, his shit was the hottest music I've ever heard...Now hear me out, I'm from NJ so I like the nj style of house but this stuff at the LL I couln't even come close to danceing to it...but it rocked,,,I stood over the Dj booth and watched the guy perform, he kept turning swithces on and off and which would add to the beat and the melody of the music....It this stuff techno in its purest form.....I had the best time even though I couldn't dance a lick to it! Watching the Dj just make sick music was phat. My buddy told me it could of been carl cox but I doubt it the place wasn't packed... So what the hell is it! It was a sat nite a while ago..

I dunno if they even spin this at LL......but if you couldn't really dance to it ........maybe it was jungle or drum n bass.......Jungle isn't the easiest music to dance to (its spun over 180 bpms)........could be way off though. Also, I've got a friend of mine who spins jungle and he mixes the shit out of the tracks.....always throwing in samples and shit......jungle seems to be alot more conducive to that. I dunno I guess thats my opinion from what i've seen.

Guest saleen351

Hey thanks guys, In my opinion the ppl that spin that stuff are truely remarkable...Seems so much more complex then house, or trance. I was wasted and this was a long time ago, like march, or feb, but the best explanation was like the beat was like a slow machine gun non stop for 5 hours, I left at 6. The dudes with the glow sticks on string were fun to watch to that type of music... I'm gonna go download some stuff. Can you guys tell me when and where I can hear some simular stuff. The LL was perfect, since I get really dressed up to go out but LL had a little bit of every style in there, so I don't want to be extremly different then the other peps in the club!!!