Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Photon lights at clubs

Saboteur

I picked up a pair of these blue photon lights for S.F. this friday...this girl is gonna come with me and roll for her first time, i wanna be able to give her a hot lightshow....anyone got any advice on some moves, or maybe know where i can download a video of someone fuckin with these? i know the basics but i wanna pull off some hot shit. thanks.

Yeah, I dance with photons....and I'm not too bad, I reckon.

But I have to tell you, everything I know is self taught. You gotta get some practice in, practice makes perfect. If you know someone who dance w/ lights well, get 'em to go and give you some last minute pointers.

But I'm telling you, I tried to teach a few friends before. You can't teach them like that **snap fingers** unless they're naturals.

And it also depends on what kind of tricks you tried to do. The things I do are generally kinetic, which is leaning towards liquid (sort of) and movement. But most of the tricks that you'll find on the web is oriented towards trick visuals, eating the light, alternating pendulum, light throwing, etc.

Originally posted by Saboteur

i can glowstick pretty well, difference with photons is its generally a lot closer to someones face if u wanna bug them out...i have trouble applying what i know of glowsticking to the close range shit....to make my question a bit more specific....

I'm guessing by good glowsticking you're talking about full body 360 type of deal.

Well, freaking people out w/ photons isn't hard, I think. But I mean.....you just gotta be careful not to hit her face. Then again, if she's rolling......she's not gonna care too much if you accidentally tap her here and there.....

Practice speed and continuity without taking the lights too far away from the front of your body. I mean, that's the best i can tell you. People have trouble learning how i dance w/ lights in person, over messages it'll be even harder.

I mean, most light shows I've seen other people do involves basically shaking the sticks and the lights back and forth and left and right....not a whole lot of skill involved. W/ what I do, patterns and all, I've gotten a lot of complements everytime I give a light show. However, since I never do drugs, I've no clue if what I do is really good, or if they're just that fucked up.

So try your glowstick skills with lights. I don't know exactly what you mean by "glowstick well" so....

Like I said before, practice makes perfect. And VISUALIZE, think about what your hand motions are supposed to create...

I'll stop now, I'm begining to sound like an old cranky russian ballet teacher lady....

since you're gonna be right in front of her face bugging her out just try rolling your wrists and making some tight patterns, or you can even step out a little and go for something bigger. try to do some circles around her head, going back and forth. move the lights in and out of her face. generally when you're fucked up just the fact that there's bright ass lights in your face is enough, haha. and try go to for speed, that way she's still gonna see trails in her face a few seconds after you actually make them.

I bring my photons with me every time I go to Factory... I've bugged out mad people, and I don't consider myself good at them. Have gotten nothing but compliments from people. And someone on the Music board (where you posted this also) suggested that you don't roll.... I've found out I get lost in my own show when I roll so watch out. hehe But yeah, do patterns right in front of your friends eyes, then do some things like putting them right in front then bringing them straight back towards you, shut them off, put them in their face and turn em on again. There faces will be like.... :eek: :eek: It's awsome! Be good and be safe!

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Go pick up a copy of "Learning how to perform with Glowsticks and Photon Lights for Dummies."............

I'm sure they sell copies at Barnes and Nobles for $19.99

I don't think they include tricks with strings or wrist bands though........

You'll have to wait till next year for that one.

Was you the "teacher" on the video ? =)