Clubplanet Nightlife Community

new to the area

maw

Hey MAW :)

since NO ONE from bean town said hello (they must just be pissed that the Yankee's clinched tonight), thought i would even though i'm in NYC.

where'd you move to? why? school? i lived in in Cambridge / Somerville for 5 years, in the late 80's early 90's.

like the Factory? u'r kidding right? you ain't gonna find that anywhere but SF! you coming back for Danny T on Thanksgiving Eve?

Hey! Great to hear from ya! I actually did move here for school. I'm going to BU Law and need to make the most out of my weekends. I'll be back in NY for Thanksgiving but I don't know how hard I can party...right befoe finals. I'll make time for something but I'm really trying to make the most out of my weekends here. I don't think I can go factory-style anymore anyway...getting old.

Talk to you later!

jersey city native new to boston area also...i've been checking around the clubs downtown & also in chelsea & revere area and none come close to the clubs in nyc but the ones worth goin to are: garibaldi, palace, avalon, and karma. truth is, boston's club scene blows but i think these'll keep you from counting the days till thanksgiving. peace.

Hello all. Welcome to Boston. Where is everyone going to school? What for?

I'm a native Bostonian. And yes Boston will never compare to the NY Club scene. It's more of a drinking town. But what can you do. Defiantly check out Avalon and Axis. There is a new club that just opened up to Tilt. Haven't checked it out yet so not sure what that is like. But I'd stay away from the Palace (cheesy!!!)

:D:tongue:

First off, Tilt is NOT cheesey - Tilt is by far my favorite club now. It is not even reminicent of the old Palace. The entire Avalon Saturdays crowd has followed Manolo over to his new home.

:letsgo:

I have been an Avalon regular from 1996-2001, and the vibe and look of the new Tilt blows Avalon out of the water. no joke. Manolo spins much more intesnse sets then you ever heard out of him at Avalon....he has free range at Tilt. The management is great, the place is done over completely and looks unbelieveable. And the sound will shake you to your core! Last week they had Jana performing 'Stairway to Heaven', a trapeeze artist over everyone's heads, flame-throwers, explosions.....it's unreal.

Second, if you want to read an active Boston board, check out

http://www.soundfactoryboston.com

Introduce yourself in the Meeting Room section. :grin3:

Maw, I work full time AND I am an MBA student at Suffolk University so I know exactly what you mean...i don't want to get any older :worry:

Erin :tongue:

Originally posted by Avalon

First off, Tilt is NOT cheesey - Tilt is by far my favorite club now. It is not even reminicent of the old Palace. The entire Avalon Saturdays crowd has followed Monolo over to his new home.

:letsgo:

Opps sorry you must of mis understood me I didn't mean that Tilt was cheesy. I didn't realize that Tilt is now the old palace. Please forgive me. I was just saying that the Old palace is cheesy because some one else in the thread had referred to it!

Sorry about that! :)

I'm sorry if that came off snappy!!! I just want people to know that there is world of difference between the old Palace and the new Tilt. Trust me, I am a club snob...I won't even step foot in the Roxy. :yuck: I know how cheesey the Palace used to be - and I thought Manny & Phil would have a hard time overcoming that and changing peoples minds....but they did it in only 2 weeks!

Tilt has it's own entrance, it's 21+ now, strict dress code on Sat, it has been completely renovated, the sound is unbeleiveable, and Manny is the DJ - how can you beat that!? :D

I have to admit, the first week, there was still some leftover northshore trash. But by last week it was gone, and it's all the old Avalon crew. Yay Tilt!

Thanks guys, great to get some advice...someone actually told me to go to the Roxy and I'm happy I had you guys to tell me not to before I wasted my time. Hopefully at some point we can meet up, its hard to find people like me out here.

Marissa::D

I actually used to work at Avalon. Growing up around here I'd been to the Palace when I was younger and hated it. I left the world of bouncing and became a promotor. When the "Palace" reopened as "Tilt" I was asked to help out. I agreed with hesitation. Then I saw the room, it has the feel of a Miami club, cat walks, and white sheets..... The staff is mostly made up of people who used to work at Avalon. If you have not seen what has been done with the room it's worth a trip to see it.

If you need guest list you can email me at rjproductioninc@hotmail.com

take care

casey

I joined that Sound factory Boston discussion group and found out that JP will be at Avalon on Friday. I'm definitely going! Will anyone else be there?? I also definitely want to check out Tilt so I'll be in touch! Thanks Casey!

hey marrisa - you'll definetly get a lot more out of the SF board than this one. No one ever shuts up over there ;)

anyway, Kara ('sparkem00' over here), FunJen & I (Erin over at SF) will all be at Avalon for JP on Friday. They are 2 pretty big Factory-heads too, they are down there at least once a month or so. They are going through 'in your eyes' withdrawals - lol!

Originally posted by Avalon

Tilt has it's own entrance, it's 21+ now, strict dress code on Sat, it has been completely renovated, the sound is unbeleiveable, and Manny is the DJ - how can you beat that!? :D

Erin what is the dress code at Tilt? I was talking about it with some friends and I think we are going to check it out.

Thanks!

Vikki

On Saturdays, for girls - pretty much anything goes. Guys, the usual 'proper dress' nice shirt, no cargos, and they have a very strict NO BOOTS in the building policy. Fridays is more relaxed, just no sneakers, hats or athletic wear.

Just make sure you go around back to the Tilt entrance, because you can't get in from anywhere else in the palace.

Originally posted by maw

I joined that Sound factory Boston discussion group and found out that JP will be at Avalon on Friday. I'm definitely going! Will anyone else be there?? I also definitely want to check out Tilt so I'll be in touch! Thanks Casey!

lol. didn't know SF had a boston board!!!! I post like a mad man in the general discussion area.

might be coming up weekend of the 20th 21st of Oct.