Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What do u guys do with ur music?

sadelb

WHat do u guys do with all ur music u download. Do u burn everythign on cd's? Use an mp3 player? Just play it through ur computer? I personally when i download everythign like to make mix cds. So basically I am gonna have bout 80 to 100 cds cause i mostly listen to all this shit in my car. Also what programs do u use to burn, mix, record etc. Is Easy Creator 5 the best one out. Alright thanks

obviously we talk on AIM.. i burn all my new trax on to mixed cd;s usually around 2 a day.. label a cd case from the date it was started.. like the one i have now is labeled 7/1/2k1 and i have over 100 mixed cd's in date order .. then when i fill it up.. move on to the next.. i try to keep cd's apart that i play in my car. so i dont skip a cd when playing.. :)

Wattup,

What i do is i burn a cd. and i label each cd. house 1, house 2, house 3 etc. and then on lower corner i put hard, vocal, build-up, trance. etc. But lately ive been d/l some old exit songs o i labe it say house 22 and at the bottom exit shit -new. or exit shit -old. When it comes to this shit im so organized.

peace

yea.. i try not to write on my cd;s as well.. i label 1.2.3.4....ect. then next to it i print out the name of the trax.. yo i got virtual dj - from sunset to sunrise (gig lav rmx) jsut released.. so drop me an im ill send it over. lets get a post about a new list getting started ....

Alright im gonna post one now. Also what do u guys use for burning? Are there any good dj programs out there for the computer. Im not a dj but i kinda just wanna make better mixes so songs fade in and out so there are no pauses between songs. Thanks

You can use Nero,, very easy very nice Interface and its simple,, and more user friendly then Adaptec.

To edit the songs You can Use a property in NERo that lets you Fade in fade out , Start and end a track at any given time, as well as remove pops, clicks, HIssing , Etc...

BUt if you would like to use a better program for that i reccomend, soundforge or Cooledit pro 2002 vicious little proggy and very easy..

hope this helps

Peece

:)

yo bigart, how much are these programs??? can you get them at any comp store??? ............... oh and i burn all my songs onto cd's i have made hundreds, being from ri....i give a lot of them to my peeps.....cause we just don't have the resources you guys have, so they all love them.....as for my own collection, i have many, i have a huge cd holder like 200 or something, so i just take the paper cover of the blank cd, write down all the tracks on it, and put the paper and the cd into my book, i # every cd too, i like that way cause you can see every song that's on every cd......

soundforge or Cooledit pro 2002. Where can I get programs like this. Do you think any DJ's use any of these programs or are they not sophisticated enough? Im not a DJ and dont really plan to be but I kinda wanna make phat cds for parties I throw at my house, apartment etc. I mean I have hot cds but i kinda want the music to keep on playin and it to fade in and out pretty good. Thats why I want to find a sophisticated program that like DJ's would use. Hey thanks a lot for the help. Any more suggestions??

Originally posted by bless88

yo bigart, how much are these programs??? can you get them at any comp store??? ............... oh and i burn all my songs onto cd's i have made hundreds, being from ri....i give a lot of them to my peeps.....cause we just don't have the resources you guys have, so they all love them.....as for my own collection, i have many, i have a huge cd holder like 200 or something, so i just take the paper cover of the blank cd, write down all the tracks on it, and put the paper and the cd into my book, i # every cd too, i like that way cause you can see every song that's on every cd......

Be nice he might give em 2 you, I know he dont pay for his shit :)

I burn my cds then I play them in my car, make pump up cds for EXIT before I head down. Tracks for coming down shit like that... Usually I throw them back on the Spindle when I get tired of them, I am in the process of organizing them...

very very SIMple Check it out

STEP ONE

Get music Match

Step 2wo

Extract from CD to Mp3 the song(s) you want to Edit.

Step 3hree

Open them Up in Soundforge

Step 4our

Doo ur necessary Editing

Step 5ive

Save it in 192kbs ,, (ull be surprised some peopel spend hours and save it in 56kb)

Step 6

Burn it again.

Reason U CANNNNNOT EDIT a CD through Soundforge is BEcause a CD is Right protected, and any Changes you make DOES NOT AFFECT the CD at all, secondly .CDA extensions are not wavs or anythign like that ,, It is Encryption,, So if u think that if u take a CDA and put it on your computer that u got the song ,, Ur sadly mistaken ,, .cda is a an Extension sort of like a Shortcut , it tells the Laser where to position itself in the cdplayer to play a song, reason it is done is to protect it from being pirated etc...

thats it hope that helps.

Peece

Arty :)

i use mixmeister to mix my cd's...i burn a new mix cd every 2 weeks cause i only got a 56k and i'm very picky about mixing my songs if there's one part in the mix that i don't like i have to do it all over again...i spend about 1-2 straight hours on every song...so it mixes perfectly with the next...can't wait till i get dsl...gonna be sweet