Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Buzz this Friday?

vixenfoxxy

I wish I could go. i used to love Christopher Lawrence. . .kinda dissapointed with hime now though. . . But a bunch of old friends are coming down this weekend for the IMF/World Bank protests. . . i don't htink they'd want to go to Buzz with me. . .

one question though, if Buster works fridays at 5's, how'd he make it out to Nation that night Tall Paul was spinning?

Alex Whalen always spins the same night that Dave Ralph does his residency. While we're on the subject, why is that? And since he's always there the last Friday of every month, why isn't he listed as a resident (or is he and I'm too much of a retard to have noticed his name on the residents list before)?

Originally posted by Kuro

why isn't he listed as a resident (or is he and I'm too much of a retard to have noticed his name on the residents list before)?

No comment about the retard thing. I think everyone knows where I would've gone with that one :D

But Alex Whalen, for lack of a better word, is Dave Ralph's bitch these days. I mean that in a good way (if at all possible). Alex is actually touring all over the country with Dave Ralph as his own personal opening DJ. So, when Dave Ralph comes to Buzz, Alex opens for him because it's a stop on Dave Ralph's tour. Great exposure for Alex Whalen. Shit, I'd give my left arm to be Dave Ralph's bitch. Of course, then, I guess it'd be difficult spinning with one arm, which would then cause me to lose my bitch status with Dave. So I guess that was a bad analogy. But anyways, that's the story. I don't think Alex has any contract with Buzz. Only with Dave Ralph.

Originally posted by scratchapella

yeh, the meetings were cancelled, but all the crazies who really wanted to protest in the first place are still coming down this weekend. . .some of those crazy people are staying with me. . .hmmm

I think I saw this on an episode of South Park. You'd better watch it, those protesters with nothing to protest are dangerous!

Yes, it's true. I base my whole reality on cartoons like South Park and the Simpsons. Hey! At least I'm not into evil things like drugs and cigarettes and alcohol and ... oh wait. Crap...

:tongue:

Originally posted by scratchapella

one question though, if Buster works fridays at 5's, how'd he make it out to Nation that night Tall Paul was spinning?

buster's first night back spinning at 5 was last weekend....

i'm outtie for this weekend...will be visiting my parentals in texas...

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

No comment about the retard thing. I think everyone knows where I would've gone with that one :D

But Alex Whalen, for lack of a better word, is Dave Ralph's bitch these days. I mean that in a good way (if at all possible). Alex is actually touring all over the country with Dave Ralph as his own personal opening DJ. So, when Dave Ralph comes to Buzz, Alex opens for him because it's a stop on Dave Ralph's tour. Great exposure for Alex Whalen. Shit, I'd give my left arm to be Dave Ralph's bitch. Of course, then, I guess it'd be difficult spinning with one arm, which would then cause me to lose my bitch status with Dave. So I guess that was a bad analogy. But anyways, that's the story. I don't think Alex has any contract with Buzz. Only with Dave Ralph.

It would be nice if on Dave's residency night there were no other DJs and just those two. Back in May someone cancelled, so it was just 2.5 hours of Alex and 3.5 hours of Dave Ralph. That was nice. well, that clears things up about the Alex and Dave thing, though I doubt Alex Whalen would appreciate the title "Dave Ralph's bitch". I certainly wouldn't. Now "DJ Rap's bitch" is a title...

Originally posted by eggmok

i don't get the invites anymore from raver . . .

what's up with dat . . .

Aww, Eggie, you know you're on the invites...new invites have to constantly be handed out to the newbies javascript:smilie(':D')

Sccratch - Buster only started doing afterhours at 5 (Fridays) last week - FRiday was his first day.

So if people are going to Buzz are we going to try to meet up, or have we all come to the conclusion that it's too hard to actually pull that off? I find that some nights meet-ups are harder than on other nights for some reason...

Hey!

I'm new to the board and wanted to say "Hi Everybody!"

I'm an LA/Vegas transplant who's been here for a year now, but just kinda recently discovered the scene here (thank god, I was starting to decompose). So far I managed to hit up Buzz (love it), Insomnia, and uhh...Platinum. I plan on checkin out GLOW on Sat.

Ya'll sound cool. If there's a meetup (Buzz and/or Glow), are newbies invited?

PS: Is there an afterparty spot in DC? Pre-party? Decent non frat-boy sports bar?

Crownroyal - hell yeah, newbies and oldies, alike, are invited to any meet-up!

Should we say meet-up in the passage linking the main room and the front room...just underneath the stairs, opposite to the passage leading to the bathroom. I'll probably be wearing a black t-shirt, with "Caffeine" written on it in white letters.

If there is a meet up let the 'newbies' to the DC board know. I'll sure to be there.

Also, does anybody know when Christopher Lawrence is supposed to come on (aside from the Buzz e-mail that they send out on Friday)?

I remember last time he was here was the same day that Area 1 took place and after hauling ass from MD to get to Buzz in time to see him I was dissapointed that he was on from 11 to 1, but at least I saw the last 20 min of his set.

:spin:

Originally posted by raver_mania

Crownroyal - hell yeah, newbies and oldies, alike, are invited to any meet-up!

Should we say meet-up in the passage linking the main room and the front room...just underneath the stairs, opposite to the passage leading to the bathroom. I'll probably be wearing a black t-shirt, with "Caffeine" written on it in white letters.

Were you earing that Caffeine T-shirt the night the Caffeine tour came through (if you can remember such a minor detail)? I thought I spotted you in the crowd that night, but I was completely sober so I thought my mind may be playing tricks on me.