Clubplanet Nightlife Community

did anyone go to centro fly last night?

echostar

It was definitely a good time...I was talking to a friend downstairs around 1:30 when I realized Moby was standing right behind her, so we talked to him for a bit, but I don't know if he actually went on at all. By the time DT went on upstairs just after 3, it seemed like most of the club had packed in there (downstairs was empty) and I left just after 4...

cazz926

AMazing. I stayed downstairs for Tony Humphries, Little Louie, Francois K and Joe Clausell. The vibe and energy was fantastic. Lost of red white and blue, lots of spiritual music, tons of unity. We didn't forget why we were there and was a beautiful thing.

I couldn't agree with you more, I was down in the Pinky for all of that and some of Morales...the Francois K and Lil Louis tag team was special and that vibe was just beautiful.

Moby's comments from moby-online.com:

Loud House Music

9/26/2001 - New York City

So tired...

As taxing as a hot and crowded nightclub can be, there's something really remarkable about loud house music and psychedelic, flashing lights.

And something happens to me in loud, dark nightclubs where I become completely and utterly satisfied by the most repetitive music. In fact I start to resent music that isn't repetitive.

Maybe something's wrong with me? What else could explain my passionate love for pieces of music that don't change for 8 minutes? It's like for the first couple of minutes I'm thinking 'oh, this is cool and satisfying', and then the next couple of minutes I'm thinking 'wow, this is really cool and satisfying' and then after listening to the same piece of repetitive music for a while I'm thinking 'oh my goodness, this is transcendent'.

Strange phenomenon, huh?

So thanks to everyone for coming down to the benefit tonight. It looks as if over $100,000 was raised for the wives and children of deceased firefighters and police-people.

Everyone was so generous, the DJ's, the club owners, even the bartenders were giving their tips to the cause. Such an abundance of generosity and altruism is really heart-warming.

And like I said, I love loud house music.

-Moby

I got there at around 1ish cause the Yankee game went pretty late. It was MAD hot, but I was well prepared with light pants and a tee shirt. Ran into Diego(nolimit) and Melissa(blueskygirl), but that was about it for board peeps. What a show! Heard Sanchez upstairs, then listened to Little Louis and Morales in the Pinky for a bit. Then Tenaglia came on....so I was upstairs for the rest of the night. He played a nice hard set...with all his usual hits, "I Feel Loved," "Finally," "Touch Me" and "Revolution."

My highlight: I brought a little flag from the Yankee game to Centro with me. I hooked Danny up with it during his set and he was waving it around and shit. Then towards the end I rolled up to the dj both and got his attention. He was mad cool....and even called me a "cutie." Whatever, he's the man. I asked him to sign the flag I gave him so I could have it as a memento, and he did. I was pumped...it reads "Bless Ya....Danny Tenaglia, 2001."

That was my evening at Centro.....ended up closing it with Melissa around 7, you rule girl!