Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vote for Mark Green - October 11

DaVe

In political news, Mark Green faces Fernando Ferrer on October 11 for the Democratic mayoral primary runoff. Mark Green has emerged as one of the staunchest supporters of NYC nightlife -- in contrast to Giuliani's crackdown that succeeded in shuttering a number of clubs. Green told the NY Times that he supports cracking down on clubs where there are "credible reports" of drug use or under-age drinking. But he also said he would try to balance the needs of neighborhoods with what he called the clubs' economic benefits. "Nightlife attracts more people than the Mets, Yankees, Broadway, and the Metropolitan Museum combined," said Green. Make your voice heard -- vote for Green on October 11 and vote for NYC nightlife.

Does anyone know if Grandpa from "the Munsters" is running?/? he must be like 80 or something...

i think he wants to legalize marijuana. Now there's a progressive thinker

he also must boogey down, prob at studio 54 or charley o's at penn station

"Green, Ferrer, they're all the same everywhere,

lets go with a guy who'll never ever die!"

Munster, Munster, HOOORAAAAY!

m.green is a far left liberal.. yes he will be good for nyc night life and strippers but the city will be much more dangerous than now. but then again other candidates are like him.. im really worried about NYC without Giuliani, NYC will be back to the old days of high crimes, murders, drugs and prostitutions under new mayor. Do you really think it's really worthy it as a trade off for a better night life??

Originally posted by robocock

m.green is a far left liberal.. yes he will be good for nyc night life and strippers but the city will be much more dangerous than now. but then again other candidates are like him.. im really worried about NYC without Giuliani, NYC will be back to the old days of high crimes, murders, drugs and prostitutions under new mayor. Do you really think it's really worthy it as a trade off for a better night life??

But green has the endorsement of Gratton, the old police commisioner of guliani...

i don't think things will necessarily go as far down as you say...espec. after what happeend sept.11, green'll prob. HIRE more 5.0

well, ferrer just seems like he would let the city go to shit...

ok maybe make some advances with education and social programs but i dont think that he is determined enough to hold the city tight!

it might be better for club life but not so much better than green would keep it and green would at least keep the city safer and in better develpment.

as far as dinkins...the city went to shit during his time as grand ol mayor!!!

my fault for stepping off the political tip...

Who thinks it would be insane if Guliani went for another term...

I mean he is doing a good job and all..but rules are rules...

the last thing i heard is that he just wants a few more months..I guess that is reasonable...for a smooth transition,..

hell i should be mayor..then everything be be set!!

Originally posted by robocock

Well said. Let's look at their whole platform folks, not based on whether or not we have to worry about losing nights of hard dirty music...

Stay away from Ferrer at all costs. I live in the Bronx and can tell you that in more than a decade he has done squat for the Bronx. He was a figurehead that was all talk and no action. He is a left wing extremist who WILL play the race card. If Sharpton can support this guy SOMETHING is verrrry wrong.

number 1: fuck Ferrer, this asshole is already saying how he wants to change the police dept, and protect all our civil liberties, which means less cops and more criminals out of jail on misdemeanors. fuck him, its true, if revrend Al, that fat piece of shit supports him, then its a lost cause. number 2: the best choice here is between Vallone and Bloomberg. yes, yes , i know, cranky ass anti nightlife republicans, blah blah blah, but get real. I dont know too much about Vallone, but if Bloomberg can do to the city what he did with his company, ill all for it. the guy proves to me that he can manage, lead , invest and has a clear agenda, and its not just all talk and no walk. this guy walks the fucking walk, his company is one of the best rated on wall street. hey that speaks.

Originally posted by perfecto25

number 1: fuck Ferrer, this asshole is already saying how he wants to change the police dept, and protect all our civil liberties, which means less cops and more criminals out of jail on misdemeanors. fuck him, its true, if revrend Al, that fat piece of shit supports him, then its a lost cause. number 2: the best choice here is between Vallone and Bloomberg. yes, yes , i know, cranky ass anti nightlife republicans, blah blah blah, but get real. I dont know too much about Vallone, but if Bloomberg can do to the city what he did with his company, ill all for it. the guy proves to me that he can manage, lead , invest and has a clear agenda, and its not just all talk and no walk. this guy walks the fucking walk, his company is one of the best rated on wall street. hey that speaks.

Vallone? :confused:

He lost in the primary

Do you mean Mark Green ?

By the way, here are the sites of the candidates:

Green - http://www.markgreen.org

Ferrer - http://www.ferrer2001.com

Bloomberg - http://www.mikeformayor.org

To read or hear analysis and opinion about these candidates, check the New York Times or watch "Road to City Hall" on NY1.

I'd surely like to know about other sources of this kind of info.