Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is there a specific genre of music YOU JUST CAN'T STOMACH? (Sound allergies)

mugwump

For me it would have to be:

Country, Rap, trance, and hardcore (anytype... metal, tecno, ect)

I like music that makes me shake my booty. Country and rap are just people whining about crap like beer (country..."I just had my last coors and my wife left me" Rap... " lets go drink some 40's"), Trance just sounds like Shit!! (sorry to all you trance people out there) and people should listen to music to feel anger i.e. Hardcore.

If you ask me, It's all about the House.... Deep house!!

just shoot these bitches:

1. Puffy "cant stay alive w/o a sample" Diddy

2. Eifell ( i fell ) 65 - floors when i heard this shit

3. N stink - shoot them and all the terriying clones

4. Fergie/BK/Nick Sentience and their UK hard house bullshit

(this music sounds like a car alarm on crack)

5. eminem - melts when you shoot him, not in your hand. sick of that asshole and all his bullshit problems

whoooosh, that got me all pissed, now i need a cigarette. thanks mugz.

Originally posted by somebitch

omg, how can someone hate jazz??

I LOVE jazz so much, i cant even explain. when i hear good jazz i feel so good... jazzy techno is awesome too.

I agree!- There are so many different styles of jazz, you can't say it's slow, I mean what about Dixieland and Swing? And ooh, when you've got a sultry singer with a throaty voice crooning away, slinking her way across the piano...

Billie Holiday, Miles Davis, Nina Simone, (just to say a few off the top of my head)- not boring by any stretch of the imagination!

Now CD 101.9 "Jazz"- that's a different story altogether... :puke:

Originally posted by tastyt

I agree!- There are so many different styles of jazz, you can't say it's slow, I mean what about Dixieland and Swing? And ooh, when you've got a sultry singer with a throaty voice crooning away, slinking her way across the piano...

Billie Holiday, Miles Davis, Nina Simone, (just to say a few off the top of my head)- not boring by any stretch of the imagination!

Listen couldn't agree more..

and if any one knows anything about electronica you might hear that sooo many artists (Ranging from dance floor stuff to more abstract artists are GREATLY influenced by Jazz)

In fact I will go as far as to say that much of ELECTRONICA IS AN EVOLUTION FROM JAZZ!

There's dance music (Swing was Jazz for dancing)

and there's LIVE perfomances with random abstracts breaks or "turntabilism" (JAzz ias it's purest "abstract" live JAM entity)

AND who hasn't heard the Bosenova influence in down tempo these days..

Artists influenced by Jazz:

*Amon Tobim (Brazillian Jazz musician turned Drum and Bass guru on Ninja tunes records)

*Filla Brazilla (Head trip electronic Jazz, funk. )

United Future Organizations (Great acid Jazz from Japan)

*Square Pusher (released albums close to Miles Davis "Witches brew" style of dark freeform sounds)

*Soul Slinger (Jungle head pioneer with a love for sampling and reworking Bosenova)

*Bebel Gilberto (Daughter of Joa Gilberto..worked with Amon Tobim on latest album)

*Mark Farina (Acid mushroom jazz dance floor master)

*St. Germain (Closest example of a LIVE Jazz,funk fussion electronic dance band)

*Thievery corporation (Smooth "continental IBIZA after hour-like" jazzy dub sounds)

*DJ Shadow (studied Jazz in music school and believes in the arangement of sampling as a form of Jazz)

*Most TURNTABILISTS LOVE JAZZ (live turntabilism is a form of jazz, go see Kid Koala spin to see what I mean!)

*DJ Spooky is a huuuuge fan of Jazz (Treats drum and basswith a live bassist and uses turntables as a free form Jazz instrument)

The list goes on and on......

JAZZ is one of the biggest influences in electronica..

RECOGNIZE AND EDUCATE YOUR SELVES! :book:

Originally posted by mugwump

and there you have it, folks.

Music 401a: History and Evolution of Sounds (an upper division course)

w/ Professor Honorary Mugz.

(prerequisite: Music 100, 200, 300 series; the ability to accept his vast ideas and opinions as undispited doctrines)

:laugh:;)

Originally posted by mugwump

i think that music (or more aptly put, SOUNDS), like so many other movements in pop social culture, undergoes constant progression & regression; evolution & revolution. (as you alluded to)

simply put, it starts out one way, becomes influenced by others, introduces cross-elemnents, reverts back to what was long forgotten (either by nolstagia or by fundamentalist artists); sometimes adding bits & pieces of the new while retaining most of the old, and sometimes just a complete overhual.

so i will pretend to know the answer to your question as to why audiences and artists hang on to the old, outdated stuff, well, by definition, sounds and music by its mere existence will constantly go back & forth based on tastes and influences.

on that note, i'd like you to imagine the propellerheads's 'history repeating (or whatever it's called)' track fading out...

of course, what i just said here is all bullshit and coming from someone who knows NOTHING of music. ;)

Originally posted by loch

i think that music (or more aptly put, SOUNDS), like so many other movements in pop social culture, undergoes constant progression & regression; evolution & revolution. (as you alluded to)

simply put, it starts out one way, becomes influenced by others, introduces cross-elemnents, reverts back to what was long forgotten (either by nolstagia or by fundamentalist artists); sometimes adding bits & pieces of the new while retaining most of the old, and sometimes just a complete overhual.

so i will pretend to know the answer to your question as to why audiences and artists hang on to the old, outdated stuff, well, by definition, sounds and music by its mere existence will constantly go back & forth based on tastes and influences.

on that note, i'd like you to imagine the propellerheads's 'history repeating (or whatever it's called)' track fading out...

of course, what i just said here is all bullshit and coming from someone who knows NOTHING of music. ;)

Hey man...

You make more sense than many other people I know..

I guess you can also tie it by saying..

"That music can not be defined..

Just DESCRIBED!"

It's all up for grabs right?

(By the way..when are we chillin again?)

Originally posted by tastyt

I wouldn't say that swing is a style of jazz. Swing focused more on well-arranged layered riffs played by a horn section to get the crowd moving. Whereas jazz focuses more on which scale can be applied to which seventh chord and all of that anal bullshit Pat Metheney plays. Maybe it's because of the school I went to and how our professors force-fed us jazz as well as all of the musical rules that apply to it. I rather like old swing and ragtime, but I cannot stand strict jazz. Thelonious Monk played pretty dark music for his time, but I cannot listen to that stuff for enjoyment. And as far as Mugz's evolutionary theory, I would say that some forms of electronica are 'influenced' by jazz, but not a direct evolution as such. R-n-b draws influences from the lighter, sultry side of jazz, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that it is a direct descendant of jazz. Many artists may sample jazz lines for their dance tracks, but the music theory behind their tracks is a lot different than the style of music that they're sampling.

Simply put, jazz relies on too many rules. It may sound like they're just playing a random bunch of notes that just popped into their head when they're soloing and shit, but they know exactly what they're playing all the time. They know what notes from what scales can be applied to the chord progression that the band is providing. Same reason I can't stand technical metal bands like Meshuggah. But swing and big band relied more on the repetition of 'catchy' riffs to please their audiences. They weren't so concerned about the techical aspect, they were just playing a danceable beat and accessible horn lines to get the crowd moving.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. God knows they're probably wrong, but that's the way I see things.

i'll explain the hatred of kenny g...

HE MURDERS THE CLASSICS WITH HIS DRONINGLY SAPPY SWEET SOPRONO SAXOPHONE.

one july 4th he was on tv playing satchmo's (louis armstrong's) "it's a wonderful world". what a debauchery. that song has grit AND class as louis played and sung it. but kenny g killed it. he killed it dead.