Clubplanet Nightlife Community

beautiful affirmation of the existence of god

How many of us have heard that question "Where was your GOD when the World Trade Center and the Pentagon was attacked?" Well I know where my GOD was the morning of September 11, 2001, and He was very busy! He was trying to discourage anyone from taking these flights. Those four flights together held over 1000 passengers and there were only 266 aboard. He was on 4 commercial flights giving terrified passengers the ability to stay calm. Not one of the family members who were called by a loved one on one of the hijacked planes said that passengers were screaming in the background. On one of the flights he was giving strength to passengers to try to overtake the hijackers. He was busy trying to create obstacles for employees at the World Trade Center. After all, only around 20,000 were at the towers when the first jet hit. Since the buildings held over 50,000 workers, this was a Miracle in itself. How many of the people who were employed at the World Trade Center told the media that they were late for work or they had traffic delays. He was holding up 2-110 story buildings so that 2/3 of the workers could get out. I was so amazed that the top of the towers didn't topple when the jets impacted. And when they did fall, they fell inward. GOD didn't allow them to topple over, as many more lives would have been lost. And when the buildings went down, my GOD picked up almost 6,000 of his children and carried them home with him. Reassuring his frightened children that the worst was over and the best was yet to come. He sat down and cried that 19 of his children could have so much hate in their hearts; That they didn't choose him, but another God that doesn't exist, and now they are lost forever. He sent his children that are best trained for this disaster and had them save the few that were still alive, but unable to help themselves. And then sent many others to help in anyway they were needed. He still isn't finished though, He held the love ones that were left behind in His arms. He comforts them daily. His other children are given the strength to reach out to them and help them in any way they can. And I believe He will continue to help us in what is to come. He will give the people in charge of this great nation the strength and the wisdom to do the right thing. He would never leave us in our time of need. So when anyone asks, "Where was your GOD on September 11", you can say "everywhere"! And yes, although this is without a doubt the worst thing I have seen in my life, I see God's miracles in every bit of it. WE REMEMBER.

Sorry to be the only detractor (at least so far)...

Why wouldn't "your" god have just stopped it all then? Why wouldn't he have just caused the 11 terrorists to have car accidents and never pulled it off? Why wouldn't he have had security discover the box cutters? Why did he allow one plane to hit the Pentagon instead of the White House (since the Pentagon has more people I would imagine than the White House) or allow it to hit at all? Why doesn't the other god exist? They are both based on the same principles and basically preach the same general ideas.

I'm sorry, but I am still unsure as to whether or not I believe in a god. Situations like these remind me of why I don't think one really exists (for all the reasons I listed above). At the same time, I hope that one does and he takes care of those that did lose their lives.

I still can't figure out how we can give god credit when good thing happen, but say he wasn't there when bad things occur. It seems paradoxical - a flawed way of making ourselves feel better when we're raped and terrorized.

Emerson said that "we are our own liberating gods." We are the ones with the power - we're the one's who can bestow mercy or become wrathful. Apparently, if there is a god, he's already pushed us out of the nest. Whether we fly or fall is up to us.

yea ok, god. i am amazed that intelligent and reasonable people can still fall for this non-sense. Thomas Hobbes probably defines religion best : Religion is the fear of the unknown and people make up invisible powers to allay their fears. This practice of rituals is the main species of fear and conformation.

But hey, if you need that extra assurance from some guy in the sky, go for it. George Carlin once remarked, "If you tell someone you believe in big-eyed extra-terrestrials, they will call you a kook and laugh at you. If you tell them that you believe in some uber- being from heaven, hey, you are allright!" Personally, i believe in myself.

believe what you will...

this is my take on things (and why i have

enough faith to post things like i did when

i started this thread).

yes, true, some will undoubtedly argue

that "if there was truly a god none of

this will ever have happened."

i choose to think of events as EVENTS.

things just... happen.

better, worse, whatever.

the important part is NOT CAUSE, but EFFECT...

consequences, conclusions, new ideas, learning from

experience, an outpouring of emotion, realizations that

we're all in the same boat, sometimes sinking, but somehow

always rising above in the end... what have you...

and i personally believe in a god that guides

our EXPERIENCE as we progress in life,

but is incapable of guiding the events themselves.

like i said, believe what you will...

but i've definately been through my fair share of sh!t,

but i've always kept a sense of certain blind faith

about me that i will overcome whatever hardship

is presenting itself to me right here and right now,

and that once i have done so, i will continue in the journey...

perhaps marred & scarred, perhaps triumphant...

but always looking forward.

to all of you it probably seems as though i'm babbling incoherently. this is hard to explain...

suffice it to say, and a lot more succinctly than all ^^^^ that,

i have faith. it is a very simple faith. but it is a strong faith.

and it's NOT religion and NOT something i do by routine.

it's occasional inner conversations and between my

true self and some higher power about my journey along

this mortal coil; where i've been, where i'm going.

at the core of this discourse is DOUBT. it is this

doubt that drives me to DISCOVER and CONTINUE.

Guest jaxl

Wow- that was something. I felt the same way a lot of people felt, what kind of God would let something like this happen.

I haven't been to church in almost 2 years, mainly because I missed a couple of Masses and was too embarrassed to face my priest and have him say to me, "Well, Ms. XXX, we haven't seen you in quite some time." I seriously questioned my faith after that horrific day. My friend's mom had a long talk with me and made me realize that this was all foretold. I know that this isn't Bible class or anything and everyone believes what they want. But after talking to her and going back to church, I felt a sense of comfort that I hadn't felt since I stopped going.

The only role Church should play into and individuals worship with his higher power, God, Unifying deity, or what ever you like to call him/her/ it is that it gives a place for people to meet other people with the same beliefs. The church should not Be establishing morals, Parents should. The Church should not interpret Gods words, that interpretation should come from Meditation and deep thought not from some fat southern dude in a white suit screaming hallelujiah on a stage laying hands on fake cripples.

In my opinion as it is today religion has truly become the opiate of the masses, the church has far out stepped its boundaries and has become its own mass marketed machines shrouded in secrets and lies and spews hate and tries to enstill fear and loathing of someone who is different. I dont go to church cause I havent found one I like yet. I do belive in God cause I know for a fact I should be dead and obviously Im not. :D

Just my two cents

thanks for calling :goofy:

-C

Originally posted by siceone

that interpretation should come from Meditation and deep thought... the church has far out stepped its boundaries...

i couldn't agree more.

I do belive in God cause I know for a fact I should be dead and obviously Im not.

ditto.

actually in my case i could cite two

occurences in my life that should

have ended it. and those are just

the obvious ones...

Originally posted by thehacker

How many of us have heard that question "Where was your GOD when the World Trade Center and the Pentagon was attacked?" Well I know where my GOD was the morning of September 11, 2001, and He was very busy! He was trying to discourage anyone from taking these flights. Those four flights together held over 1000 passengers and there were only 266 aboard. He was on 4 commercial flights giving terrified passengers the ability to stay calm. Not one of the family members who were called by a loved one on one of the hijacked planes said that passengers were screaming in the background. On one of the flights he was giving strength to passengers to try to overtake the hijackers. He was busy trying to create obstacles for employees at the World Trade Center. After all, only around 20,000 were at the towers when the first jet hit. Since the buildings held over 50,000 workers, this was a Miracle in itself. How many of the people who were employed at the World Trade Center told the media that they were late for work or they had traffic delays. He was holding up 2-110 story buildings so that 2/3 of the workers could get out. I was so amazed that the top of the towers didn't topple when the jets impacted. And when they did fall, they fell inward. GOD didn't allow them to topple over, as many more lives would have been lost. And when the buildings went down, my GOD picked up almost 6,000 of his children and carried them home with him. Reassuring his frightened children that the worst was over and the best was yet to come. He sat down and cried that 19 of his children could have so much hate in their hearts; That they didn't choose him, but another God that doesn't exist, and now they are lost forever. He sent his children that are best trained for this disaster and had them save the few that were still alive, but unable to help themselves. And then sent many others to help in anyway they were needed. He still isn't finished though, He held the love ones that were left behind in His arms. He comforts them daily. His other children are given the strength to reach out to them and help them in any way they can. And I believe He will continue to help us in what is to come. He will give the people in charge of this great nation the strength and the wisdom to do the right thing. He would never leave us in our time of need. So when anyone asks, "Where was your GOD on September 11", you can say "everywhere"! And yes, although this is without a doubt the worst thing I have seen in my life, I see God's miracles in every bit of it. WE REMEMBER.

eeek, i hate the western, MALE, anthropomorphic concept of god. when i hear you talk about 'him' this way it makes me ill. lol.

im sorry, look at the good all you want, what happened proves anything but the existence of god. you are brainwashed if you believe all that crap. :rolleyes: