Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Looking for hungry DJs to spin on Oct. 13 @ China White

dbilas

Hi everyone--

I'm looking for hungry, ambitious DJs to spin a gig for me at China White on Saturday, October 13. They have a cancellation in their schedule on that night, and they've asked me to get a party together with the quickness. I figured this might be a good chance to give some people who are trying to break into the scene a chance to show their stuff.

I will expect you to bring in a decent crowd (20+ people) and promote this event as hard as you can. Tell your friends, family, and neighbors. You can keep 100% of any door that you bring in on your guestlist (we'll probably do $5 a head). I'm not interested in making dough off you or your friends, but I do need to make sure that we bring in a respectable crowd so that the bar makes their money (no, I'm not getting a cut of that, either). You can let all your friends in for free, if you like.

This spot doesn't have a cabaret license, but they tend to be light on the no-dancing enforcement. It's a stunning, large lounge. Drinks are usual NYC prices, but they're not watered down. It has a pretty nice sound system for a lounge--all Bose gear. Friendly door people, friendly bartenders, very chill spot.

If this party goes well, we may be able to do more parties there down the line. If you do a good job of bringing in people, you'll likely get a slot at the new weekly that I've got in the works.

If you think you've got what it takes and you're ready to rock the house, reply to this post or e-mail me at david@headrushmusic.com.

Peace,

David Christopher

www.headrushmusic.com

Right...like I said.

Plenty of DJs spin at places that don't have cabaret licenses. It's almost a necessity in New York City. If you love to spin, you'll spin whether there is dancing or not. If you're good, you'll get people to dance in spite of the law.

--DC

Hey whats going on. Ill give u the best lineup if you want. I manage 2 djs one dj is dj decepticon check out his site www.djdecepticon.com he spun in the white room in exit hes opening this week in limelight and spun a lot of gigs in long island. He will also bring his new cd with him to give out to the crowd thats the way he promotes himself. Also i have dj remixer producer Mike Ski (Into the future) get back to me at slyonsclubpromos@aol.com and email me your name and number well definitely talk. If these djs get in there you will also have the support from my promotion team as well to promote the party.

stephen lyons

Please, no drama here...

Thanks for the flood of responses to this event! Keep 'em coming. If I don't get you into this one, I'll definitely try to get a second talent showcase lined up soon after. Even if you don't get to spin at this one, you're still welcome to help promote it--it will help to ensure that we get to do more of these nights in the future.

Peace,

David Christopher

www.headrushmusic.com