Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rio Nightclub - Interview and guestlist offer...

cooljunkie

I will definitely be @ Rio on Saturday. Looking forward to another great performance by David. For all you guys that have yet to go to the club, there are pretty good directions on the REMIX website in the upcoming events page. I thought that might be of some help. After all, it was a bit difficult to find on my first try. Hope that helps and I will see you all there.

www.the-remix.com

:letsgo:

Originally posted by kingstreet

Isnt it strange that he said the focus on Saturdays would be house, yet the resident is David Padilla???

That doesnt make sense does it?

Remix/ House.....I dont think so:confused:

Eddie S. spins House music in the main room from 10p.m. till 2a.m. before David Padilla(he spins Trance). Armando Suarez spins House on the patio from 2a.m. till ?.

Rio is a great friendly place.

Thanks, Hope to see you all Saturday.

Originally posted by cooljunkie

> kingstreet

I think when Jeff said house he meant in the broadest sense of the word... i.e. 125 bpm+ music.

the .junkies.

cooljunkie_logo_box.gif

That is definitely the BROADEST sense of the word house, because Padilla plays anything but house.

I went to one of the Remix parties and enjoyed Eddie S. for a while but when D. Padilla came on it was unbearable to my ears. It seemed to me that you really needed to be in a severly altered state to enjoy what he was playing. It was just way too hard and loud to be enjoyable. I think the clock is ticking on that type of sound....it's time to evolve.....progress!!!

Maybe you should extend Eddie S' set and let DP play strictly for afterhours, like 6:00am or later.

If I were Jeff (owner of Rio) I would be careful of basing my flagship night on a sound that is a bit dated. But of course this is all my humble opinion and I am probably all wrong:)

Originally posted by kingstreet

That is definitely the BROADEST sense of the word house, because Padilla plays anything but house.

I went to one of the Remix parties and enjoyed Eddie S. for a while but when D. Padilla came on it was unbearable to my ears. It seemed to me that you really needed to be in a severly altered state to enjoy what he was playing. It was just way too hard and loud to be enjoyable. I think the clock is ticking on that type of sound....it's time to evolve.....progress!!!

Maybe you should extend Eddie S' set and let DP play strictly for afterhours, like 6:00am or later.

If I were Jeff (owner of Rio) I would be careful of basing my flagship night on a sound that is a bit dated. But of course this is all my humble opinion and I am probably all wrong:)

couldnt agree w/ you more kingstreet

eddie s is amazing...a shame to cut him short like that

Originally posted by sgtfury

interesting that such a "dated" sound is being adopted by Level and Crobar..............two house strongholds...

I don't think Level was ever a house stronghold...and they are desperate!!!

Crobar adopting Padilla's sound???? what do you mean???

well this looks like its heading to be another trance vs. house debate...i personally like trance and progressive house both very much, and were all entitled to our opinions, but remember its not one genre vs. the other, its all about the MUSIC....peace...

Originally posted by djeddies31

Sup people sorry I can not make it to RIO this Saturday its my B-Day And I'm going to be out of town. I want to see you all in the next party it's going to be Birthday party. Enjoy guys, see you guys next week.

Peace

Eddie S.

happy birthday buddy from clubhoppers staff, see you next time

have a good and safe trip.