Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Good Place For 12"

dcsglow

ANYONE KNOW A GOOD PLACE TO BUY ANY 12" VINYL AROUND NORTHERN VA AREA / DC / GEORGETOWN...BOUGHT A RACK OF SHIT FROM YOSHITOSHI, BUT I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THERE WAS ANYWHERE ELSE?...ALSO I WAS WONDERING IF 12" WAS STILL OPEN IN D.C.?

JIMI

I usually order mine online. Probably get 90% of my vinyl online, and the rest at Yoshi.

In US/Canada:

www.release-records.com (get your orders 2-3 days after placing)

www.planetxusa.com (get your orders 3-7 days after placing)

www.satelliterecords.com (they suck. Get your orders 1-2 weeks after placing)

In UK:

www.plasticfantastic.co.uk (5 days to 2 weeks)

www.htfr.com (never used them, but they've got a great selection)

Originally posted by scratchapella

i think 12" in Dupont closed, didn't they?

the yo-shop online isn't so bad either, new stuff every thursday, comes in by Saturday. don't know the website, but i'm sure it's something like www.yoshitoshi.com or somefink like dat

Oh yeah, how could I forget Yoshi? :D

Yo, Jimi:

Basically, the best way to keep up with vinyl is to bookmark all the websites and check everyday for new releases. Everyone gets them at different times. A tune Yoshi might get on Wednesday, PlanetX may get on Friday, Release may have had it three weeks ago, and HTFR may have had it over a month ago. And if it's a hot tune, don't expect to find a copy two weeks after release, so always check the release date before ordering, because not all online sites have real time inventory, which means they'll display an item, even if they don't have it in stock.

But definitely, online's the way to go.

So what kind of decks did you end up buying?

So where should I look for release dates for electronic music so I don't have to go through the "OH FUCK! IT'S OUT! WHERE'S MY CREDIT CARD!" scramble to buy shit when I happen to see that titles have been released?

Haha. Release dates are the best kept secret in the world. They'll give you a general 'first week of October' release date, but that can mean anywhere from the 1st of Oct to the 20th. I just check the sites every day and listen to the audio samples of all the new releases for that day. Tedious and time consuming, but gotta do it.

Originally posted by eggmok

i thought this thread was about my penis size . . .

jimi, if you're still interested in my schlong, let me know . . .

i didn't know you were bi-curious . . .

HAHAHA!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

I was waiting for someone to jump in with the potty humor. I was starting to get disappointed that I may have had to do it myself. :D

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

HAHAHA!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

I was waiting for someone to jump in with the potty humor. I was starting to get disappointed that I may have had to do it myself. :D

I was feeling the same way. Actually, I was starting to wonder if you were feeling OK, Shady, cuz you didn't do it right away.

Originally posted by Kuro

I was feeling the same way. Actually, I was starting to wonder if you were feeling OK, Shady, cuz you didn't do it right away.

I was just searching for the right comment to use. I had so many of them flood my mind at once, it just took a really long time to sort through them all for the best one. :D :D

Geez. Am I ever gonna grow up to the point that potty humor is no longer funny? Eh, probably not.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Whoa, whoa, whoa! It's getting a little too nasty for Shady in here. Or is that just my potty mind misinterpreting what you just said? :D

She told a specific story which I offered an alternate view on. I think you've basically got the jizt of it.