Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oct. 3 - Day of German Unity

Awww, come on now. Put on your liederhosen and grab a beer and sausage, it's that time of year.

But October 3, 1990 is the day that the German Democratic Republic acceded to the Federal Republic and ended that whole divided country bullshit.

And October 6, 1683 is when the first German immigrants came to America. So in 1990 after Germany had united, George Bush signed a proclamation designating 10/6/90 as German-American day.

There, now see. These messageboards are more than just rantings by nightlife addicts, but a valuable source of information as well. :D

Originally posted by heretic909

Awww, come on now. Put on your liederhosen and grab a beer and sausage, it's that time of year.

But October 3, 1990 is the day that the German Democratic Republic acceded to the Federal Republic and ended that whole divided country bullshit.

And October 6, 1683 is when the first German immigrants came to America. So in 1990 after Germany had united, George Bush signed a proclamation designating 10/6/90 as German-American day.

There, now see. These messageboards are more than just rantings by nightlife addicts, but a valuable source of information as well. :D

Ya..iz good ya!

Im throwing on some Einsturzende Neubauten and cranking it full blast!

(Mugz dances around singing with a lamp like Hans from the movie My Own Private Idaho)

Originally posted by bionic

I heard German American Day is a good time here the the city.

People watch the parade then go out and get banged up.

Sounds like fun. Think I'll be German for a day!!

If you're talking about the German-American Steuben parade, they canceled it. It's usually at the end of September, but because of the WTC events they canceled it along with the celebrations. So instead, throw on some Neubauten like Mugz and pound some beers while dancing on a table. I plan on cranking "Fatherland" by Die Krupps while chugging some Becks. My g/f's gonna hate me. :)