Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who is going to Rio/Remix??

sgtfury

>Shroomy

We would have loved to come to your shindig, but we're short on transport and we've got a cool interview lined up for that night. Not going to name drop but he's European and rather good on the decks.

However you sound big so maybe we can get you a beer on Saturday to make up for it ;)

the .junkies.

Originally posted by cooljunkie

>Shroomy

We would have loved to come to your shindig, but we're short on transport and we've got a cool interview lined up for that night. Not going to name drop but he's European and rather good on the decks.

However you sound big so maybe we can get you a beer on Saturday to make up for it ;)

the .junkies.

c'mon junkie.....everyones going!

i wil also be there on saturday, looking forward to seeing the c.p crew in full effect, plus maybe meet some new faces....

by the way, for all you progressive house heads, i hear alvarado is gonna be throwin down some sweet progressive house for the first 2-3 hours.....peace...

First in report:

The Remix was fantastic at Rio!

Rio itself is a really slick place. Not a mammoth facility like Space, it's still large enough to hold a good crowd...I read on some sign outside it's rated for a 656 person capacity. Good soundsystem (EAW KF-650e, SB-1000s...) lighting a good Martin arrangement...

Most of all, the staff kicked ass...nice guys all around from the owner on down.

Dave had a great set, as attested to my current deafness. Dave's the only DJ who has caused me permanent hearing loss. :)

Oh, and George Alvarado was doing a killer progressive set. I hearby retract my "Ehh" comment from earlier. We all gotta put food on the table, so I guess George does that with the whole Power 96 thing...

CP folk were there in full effect of course. Even the diehard progressive-head Danny came along, took in some Padilla as well...:)

FYI, Rio is across the street from The Big Fish Restaurant and Associated Photo Warehouse. Too bad Associated Photo wasn't open late, I could just run there when I ran out of film...

Thanks to CJ for making it all possible :)