Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hypothetical terrorist question........

I'll give you the situation............

Since we are now at war and the likeliness of attacks on US soil are immenant, we are likely to inadvertantly come in contact with terrorists or supporters of terrorists.

Now, if you see an arab acting a little shady given the nature of this situation what would you do. Remember, 99% of the time these people are regular US citizens, but now we are in a time of extremities.

thats a good question but its hard to judge people....i have friends at school that are arab and they are scared about this shit going on. u know......but if u see someone acting weird i would say call the police.

I understand what you are saying, but maybe this guy is just having a bad day.

What's your definition of shady? To me a shady person is tougher to spot. His hidden agendas are not going to be out in the open.

This is going to open a whole new chapter in racism for the U.S.

It's going to cause conflict among Americans against muslims and "arab looking" people. I don't think it's our job to keep a look out for these people. We should leave that job to the government. It's the best they can do since they already failed us once.

-iliana

:cool:

Guest jaxl

I think everyone's emotions are running pretty high right now and everyone is scared and just acting without really thinking logically.

Just today my nephew was telling me they had a bomb scare on their block. They live in this small town (6.6 square miles) where the highlight of the year is the annual Memorial Day parade. Turns out some guy that had just moved into the house had thrown out an old smoke detector with a dying battery in it. You know how it makes that intermittent beeping sound until the battery is completely dead?? Well, some old lady that was walking by heard it and called the cops. They came rushing in, shut the entire street down and told people to stay in their homes. I don't know if they had dogs out there or not, but I can't imagine his town or mine for that matter (I live one town over) had bomb-sniffing dogs.

It's scary to think that you could be walking down the street and someone with any preconceived ideas could take it upon him/herself to take matters into their own hands.

In these unusual times, we should be careful but not fearful

I think the people on Flight 93 (the one which crashed in PA) have been (or should be) an inspiration to many of us for if we happen to get caught in such a situation

Needless to say, if you see something suspicious, then report it to law enforcement officials - that's what they're saying on the news.

I think I've heard that vigilanteism (i.e. taking matters into your own hands) is not recommended.

Originally posted by wallflour

I think I've heard that vigilanteism (i.e. taking matters into your own hands) is not recommended.

thanks capain obvious!

wish it was just as obvious to most people though.

a friend who lives in bensonhurst who said there's

mad crazy renegade law being practiced by the

residents there towards convenience store owners

with even the slightest hint of not being gung-ho patriotic.

no flag in ever window of the store? beat him up!

the shit is no joke.