Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Scared of Intimacy

laurensomers

I've been very hurt before in relationships and also have rushed into them too. The last one f'd me up..and now I'm getting involved with someone but I am very, very scared to open up to him. Am I scared because of my previous experiences or because he may not the right person?

Well, how long have you been hanging out with him? It could be a mixture of both but if you havent been with him that long it may be hard to tell whether or not he is the right person (although I usually know from the beginning whether or not it will work). I think it has more to do with being hurt in the past though. Not all guy are idiots and you will not always get hurt so i definitely think you should give thid guy a try.

you probably know the answer to that better than anyone, but my uneducated guess would be the past relationship. I'm all too famiiar with being on the receiving end of that one. However it's a good idea to give "new" people the benefit of the doubt. Still allow them to earn your trust, but just be aware. It's hard to do all at the same time, but once you acquire that skill, you'll be better off.

Usually "true love" knocks you on your ass and blindsides you anyway, whether you try and fight it or not.

Serendipity :cry: excuse me while I have a moment