Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone ever intern at MTV?

I was acutally an intern in Fall of 1997...all i have to say is if you dont get in there early enough, you wont get a choice of departments of where you want to be. Dress nice but just so you know..there is NO dress code there. You can wear jeans, sneakers, whatever...but just go. It's a great experience..especially if you want to get into TV..which is what I want to do! GOOD LUCK!!!:D

so did they offer you a position after the internship was done? was there any perks? which dept did u work in? did u learn alot? sorry about all the questions i just want a better idea of what to expect, this is supposed to be for credit so i need to know if i will gain from the experience.

no they didnt offer me a position after the internship was done although they did say that i could "freelance" there if i wanted. I wasnt able to because i couldnt fit it in my school schedule. depending on the department is depending on how much you are needed to work. i worked in the home video department. i really wanted the studio but you needed to give 2 full days for that and i was one of the last people to submit a resume so basically i was lucky to get what i got. nope no perks..although the only good thing is that you get to meet a lot of people so make your business connections while there. you dont have to wear a suit...i'd say slacks and a nice shirt/sweater would be fine. like i said...if you get the internship (which you probably will) you can where your pajamas to work for all they care! lol.