Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SAT. :: Red Cross benefit with Princess Lolita, Zoran Perkov, Apotheosis, Sanjay...

SATURDAY :: FUTURE OF THE FUNK @ CHINA WHITE:

The showcase for up and coming local talent.

=================================================

143 Madison Avenue between 31st and 32nd Streets

Doors open at 9:30 PM :: 21+ with ID

$5 minimum donation (proceeds will be donated to the Red Cross)

To RSVP or for more info, visit http://www.headrushmusic.com

It’s time for the local talent to shine as HeadRush Music showcases the cream of the new crop at one of the biggest lounges in New York. A variety of styles will be represented when these hungry kids from around New York and New Jersey show you what they’ve got. Here’s the lineup:

9:30-10:20 PM Princess Lolita :: jump-up jungle/hip hop

10:20-11:10 PM Strict :: drum and bass

11:10-12:00 AM Apotheosis :: house, trance, and progressive

12:00-1:30 AM China White DJ TBA :: hip hop, R&B

1:30-2:20 AM Sanjay vs. Mantra :: deep trance

2:20-3:10 AM Rapture :: progressive house

3:10 AM-CLOSE Hydration :: hard trance

This long and lean East '30s nightspot packs a bit of Miami flavor: a brushed aluminum bar, blue backlighting, and plush lounge areas. Check out the beautiful lounge that everyone's been talking about!

The best part is that we’ll be donating our profits to the Red Cross to help them in this time of extreme need. Hot new talent, a killer lounge, and a good cause--what else could you ask for?

Please visit http://www.headrushmusic.com for more info.

Wow, Zoran, looks like you have a lot of fans. Any love for the other DJs?

FYI, everyone: the time slots will be modified slightly to accommodate China White's desire to throw in a mainstream DJ to satisfy their straight-edge clientele. I'll post the revised times soon.

--David Christopher, HeadRush Music

China White thinks that techno/house/trance/etc. is going to drive all their customers away. I say that we show them what time it is. I want all the DJs to rock shit as hard as they possibly can! Come out and help us take over this joint.

--David Christopher, HeadRush Music

Heeeeeeey people, come out to China White Saturday night and enjoy some good music and a few drinks (or perhaps more) without that guilty concious the next morning! (for most of us) The proceeds are going to the Red Cross as you know not some money hungry over-grown muscle head promoter for once! (we'll leave names out of it this time)

To hear Mantra's 2001 Global Spinoff winning set, and sample the style we'll (we = Sanjay & Mantra) be throwing down click on that url! http://globalbeats.clubplanet.com/spinoff/RAM/DJ3.ram

Also be sure to check out www.rhythm-addiction.com & www.headrushmusic.com for the latest and hottest from NYC's underground talent!:D

Okay, revised lineup has been added to the first post. Or, if you're too lazy to scroll up, here it is:

9:30-10:20 PM Princess Lolita :: jump-up jungle/hip hop

10:20-11:10 PM Strict :: drum and bass

11:10-12:00 AM Apotheosis :: house, trance, and progressive

12:00-1:30 AM China White DJ TBA :: hip hop, R&B

1:30-2:20 AM Sanjay vs. Mantra :: deep trance

2:20-3:10 AM Rapture :: progressive house

3:10 AM-CLOSE Hydration :: hard trance

--DC

Originally posted by dbilas

China White thinks that techno/house/trance/etc. is going to drive all their customers away. I say that we show them what time it is. I want all the DJs to rock shit as hard as they possibly can! Come out and help us take over this joint.

I'm not complaining, but doesnt the above statement totally contradict moving my style from a mid point high energy time of the night of 12-1 to an early 10:40?

Sorry, I thought the lineup before made much more sense on the flow of music.

Mike--

You are aware that China White FORCED me to slot their DJ in at 12-1:30 AM, as I explained in a previous e-mail to you. I can try to switch you with Zoran's slot if it helps.

I would also appreciate it if you would voice your gripes to me personally rather than in a public forum. I would consider it professional courtesy.

--DC

Really sorry about moving Zoran early. China White threw their DJ in at the last minute, which really screwed everything up. I will have Zoran playing at a future event for me--I'll try to give him a longer slot then to make up for it!

There are going to be a lot of other great DJs playing, though! I hope that Zoran's fans will still come out to support, even if they can't make it 'til later.

--DC

Originally posted by apotheosis

I'm not complaining, but doesnt the above statement totally contradict moving my style from a mid point high energy time of the night of 12-1 to an early 10:40?

Sorry, I thought the lineup before made much more sense on the flow of music.

to imply that your style is more agressive then a person you have never heard is sophmoric.

Originally posted by dbilas

Mike--

You are aware that China White FORCED me to slot their DJ in at 12-1:30 AM, as I explained in a previous e-mail to you. I can try to switch you with Zoran's slot if it helps.

I would also appreciate it if you would voice your gripes to me personally rather than in a public forum. I would consider it professional courtesy.

--DC

Very Odd. I Did not recieve that.

Regardless, professional apology offered. :)