Clubplanet Nightlife Community

delemma

petedrags

I'm having a dilemma...i have about 20 songs on a computer...

and i have another computer in another room...The computer is not set up on a network and does not have a cd burner...

i'm wondering if ne one knows a program that splits the mp3 into a few files...small enough to fit on a floppy and and if i have the program on the computer i'm putting them on...and the program can put the files back together so it's just like a regular mp3 again...???

You can try a program like File Wrangler. Search for File Wrangler or file splitter in any search engine and see what comes up. These programs let you split a file into smaller pieces and then put them back together. A 10 meg song file will need to slpit up into like 12 pieces to fit on a floppy. But if you only need to do like 20 songs it shouldn't matter.

i would do that pipdaddy...but i only have a 56k on both computers...so it would take like a week...cuz for some reason when i upload songs it takes like 3 hours...and when i download like 10-12 meg song it only takes like 1 to 1 1/2 hours to dl...i'm gonna use the file wrangler thingy...i'm dling it right now

Guest saleen351

windows has a built in program called direct cable, you simple put one cable to the other computer, run the program on both computers and transfer the data, the only thing you will need is a connector for the back of the computer, just use a printer cable but you will need to buy a connector so one end will go in the other computer. sorta like hooking a hose up to the house on both ends. you know one end won't work, so you buy a connector, then your done...

Originally posted by pipdaddy

connect one to the internet, upload to an email address or web page, then connect the other, and download....god i'm smart

or i can rent you my external cd burner for $100 an hour

lmfao 100$ an hour.. ill beat that.. give me 90$ an hour.

i have an mp3 spliter.. goodluck with that.. youll need about mm.. each disk is 1.44 megs.. and a trak is .. mm 10 megs. so youll need around 100 disks.. or it will take you 2 days.. your best beat is to just download all the trax again. leave your comp on over night with AG on. cheaper then buying a cable

and if the trax are not on AG in sure i can find them for you to download from a ftp site or a web site. or i have.

-clubhead3k

Guest saleen351

you dont' need a new cable for direct cable just borrow your printer cable, that is the port you use any way, the connector is like 3 dollars...and you done....

Guest saleen351

Oh I forgot I use a zip drive for my shit...I got a parelle port zip drive just install the drive on both computers, copy on one and then hook up and download on the other, you can borrow yours friends zip drive. I use to hook mine up on campus and download shit to it then take it home..