Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD @ Space lastnight

cooljunkie

Kicked ass! Really nice set, and really nice guy.

The door was crazy as usual, but it looked like everyone got in eventually, and the new club looks good, the changes all positive.

Pod - we got in eventually right? And good to meet you Soldado!

See you tonight at Parks @ Wilson,

the .junkies.

cooljunkie_logo_box.gif

My god, the line was literally from the door to beyond the Metro stop. And bulging out 10 deep into the street.

The renovations were quite well done, I think. I like how it's now flexible, the room can be split again if necessary.

The one notable feature they have done is put in some more HD displays on each side of the DJ booth. They're currently slaved to a RTA display of the sound that keeps an eye on the current strength of the signal from the performer. It was going nuts for Paul.

Paul himself was in top form. I've seen him many a time, and he's usually been a bit 'reserved' in the booth. This time around, he was very animated, literally jumping around the booth, cheering at the crowd, and making faces at the camera. Set wise, it was pretty driving, keeping the energy up all night. Oh, and I did not hear 'For An Angel', so there, No Limit! (And no, he did not drop it when I was in the can or something...)

Good show by Space, Paul, Edgar (you rock as always, thanks for the help!), and the people who showed up :)..

Pod- you're officially the "clubbing ninja" now...... you disappeared into thin air! I was cruising through the main room when I saw you; by the time it registered in my head and turned around to say hi- you had vanished. I'm sure you were just on some covert, clandestine photo reconnaissance mission! *LOL

A relatively unknown DJ charted the MPTA1 CD in the June 2000 isuue of MIXER magazine, ahead of Paul Van Dyk. That was the issue with Danny Tenaglia and John Digweed on the cover together.

If you are interested in how to get a copy, PM me for details.