Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How many people know what DJ they're hearing at a club?

Kuro

I don't really care if we're the minority or not either. If a person can't tell the difference between techno, nu-skool breaks, and progressive, I don't give a shit as long as they're having a good time. And even if they aren't having a good time, as long as they don't fuck up other people's time, then I can't complain (though I'd like for everyone to have a good time). I like it when Buzz is packed (except for the assholes who keep groping my friend) and I know that they aren't all super-hardcore heads in there. It's just come as a surprise to me that some people know nothing at all about the music, because even the people I know who are into the scene and know little about the music still know something and are intersted (plus I've met a lot of people who are seriously into the music). It's just a curiosity to me because the first time I went to Twilo I was like, "Who the hell are these DJs? Wait, Sasha's a guy?" and then four weeks later I was late, "When the fuck is Diggers come on?!?!? I can't wait!!!" I'm just surprised that everyone doesn't love the music. I guess it's enough that every once in while you get a party like Danny Howells Labor Day marathon where everyone there knows exactly what they came to hear and brings that vibe with them. Otherwise it's enough that DJs I want to hear come around at all.

These are some of the dates for GU tours that I got from their e-mail. Deep Dish Oct 20 @ Miami and on the 29th the party in DC.

Tour Dates

Oct 12 Lee Burridge

Blue, Los Angeles, USA

Oct 12 Deep Dish

Mythos,Charlotte, USA

Oct 13 Lee Burridge

Liquid Groove, Atlanta, USA

Oct 14 Lee Burridge

The Living Nightclub, Montreal, Canada

Oct 19 Deep Dish

Liquified, Atlanta, USA

Oct 20 Deep Dish

Space, Miami, USA

Oct 25 Steve Lawler

Cairo

Oct 27 Steve Lawler

Istanbul

Oct 27 Sander Kleinenberg

Space, Panama City, Panama

Oct 27 Deep Dish

State Palace Theatre, New Orleans, USA

Oct 29 Deep Dish Launch Party,

Washington DC, USA

Nov 03 Deep Dish

Giant, Los Angeles, USA

Nov 08 Deep Dish

Centro Fly, New York, USA

Nov 10 Deep Dish

Release@1015, San Francisco, USA

Nov 16 Deep Dish

Phoenix, USA

Nov 23 Deep Dish

Buzz@Nation, Washington DC, USA

Nov 24 Darren Emerson & Lee Burridge

Zouk Out Festival, Singapore

Nov 24 Deep Dish

One, Dallas, USA

Dec 07 Deep Dish

Vinyl, Denver, USA

Originally posted by vicman

These are some of the dates for GU tours that I got from their e-mail. Deep Dish Oct 20 @ Miami and on the 29th the party in DC.

Tour Dates

Oct 12 Lee Burridge

Blue, Los Angeles, USA

Oct 12 Deep Dish

Mythos,Charlotte, USA

Oct 13 Lee Burridge

Liquid Groove, Atlanta, USA

Oct 14 Lee Burridge

The Living Nightclub, Montreal, Canada

Oct 19 Deep Dish

Liquified, Atlanta, USA

Oct 20 Deep Dish

Space, Miami, USA

Oct 25 Steve Lawler

Cairo

Oct 27 Steve Lawler

Istanbul

Oct 27 Sander Kleinenberg

Space, Panama City, Panama

Oct 27 Deep Dish

State Palace Theatre, New Orleans, USA

Oct 29 Deep Dish Launch Party,

Washington DC, USA

Nov 03 Deep Dish

Giant, Los Angeles, USA

Nov 08 Deep Dish

Centro Fly, New York, USA

Nov 10 Deep Dish

Release@1015, San Francisco, USA

Nov 16 Deep Dish

Phoenix, USA

Nov 23 Deep Dish

Buzz@Nation, Washington DC, USA

Nov 24 Darren Emerson & Lee Burridge

Zouk Out Festival, Singapore

Nov 24 Deep Dish

One, Dallas, USA

Dec 07 Deep Dish

Vinyl, Denver, USA

It's about time those boys started giving props to their hometown! Two DD's in a one month timespan. Unbelieveable!

Originally posted by Kuro

It's just a curiosity to me because the first time I went to Twilo I was like, "Who the hell are these DJs? Wait, Sasha's a guy?" and then four weeks later I was late, "When the fuck is Diggers come on?!?!? I can't wait!!!" I'm just surprised that everyone doesn't love the music. I guess it's enough that every once in while you get a party like Danny Howells Labor Day marathon where everyone there knows exactly what they came to hear and brings that vibe with them. Otherwise it's enough that DJs I want to hear come around at all.

Yeah, I've got a bunch of friends that just don't get it. But they've still come a long way to the point where they actually appreciate the music.

I've also got a bunch of friends who are really into it, and they're always talking about the vibe and stuff like that. But I always say the vibe is what you make of it. You can make your own vibe by going in there and having a good time. Then people around you will see how much fun you're having and they'll join in. But then again, it doesn't hurt that I'm a crackhead and I have so much ridiculous shit going on in my head that I can keep myself entertained for hours on end :D

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

But then again, it doesn't hurt that I'm a crackhead and I have so much ridiculous shit going on in my head that I can keep myself entertained for hours on end :D

what's a crackhead? you guys keep talking about it and i just don't get it... ;)

I dunno as long as the music is great, that there are a few people at the club that are into the musci and I'm set..i dont care if there are people that just sit there and do nothin' or walk araound groping other people, whatever

of course it helps if youve got green pills going around and 2 or 3 L.I.T. under your belt, but other than that, I just find it amusing that people can spend X amount of cash week in and week out on cover, drinks, parking and shit and not have a good time...their loss.....which kinda reminds me once in a while there is a guy that just stands in front of the DJ booth in the main room at Buzz, almost all night and does nothing, usually dressed up like if he should be at Platinum, but all he does is stand there and I guess looks at girls

:confused: :confused: :confused:

1. I wasn't making fun of the guy. . .it just made me laugh b/c everyone else up there in that box was intense about danny. . .peeps screaming his name all night, shaking hands. . .and then this kid, in hte middele of it all, was like "who is this guy?"

anyways, i totally agree with shady bout it all being a business. . .it'd be great if production crews/promoters were just benevolent philanthropists who want to throw pure techno parties for partykids. . .but they're not. i like bringing different types of people who know nothing about the music to parties. peeps were complaining about all the "preps" and "hoochies" that were showing up at buzz lately (buzz board), sometimes i'm the one bringing them there. . .it's like. . .an educational field trip!

Originally posted by scratchapella

1. I wasn't making fun of the guy. . .it just made me laugh b/c everyone else up there in that box was intense about danny. . .peeps screaming his name all night, shaking hands. . .and then this kid, in hte middele of it all, was like "who is this guy?"

That's exactly why I was laughing. It was just a funny moment. He looked like he was having a shitload of fun and dancing so he was cool even if he didn't know there was a live person playing records because he added to whatever good vibes were there.

anyways, i totally agree with shady bout it all being a business. . .it'd be great if production crews/promoters were just benevolent philanthropists who want to throw pure techno parties for partykids. . .

We wouldn't mind if greedy, evil business men threw a few pure techno parties too, would we Scratch?

peeps were complaining about all the "preps" and "hoochies" that were showing up at buzz lately (buzz board)

Feel free to bring all the "hoochies" you want :hump:

Sometimes I think I should club them unconscious and force them to go to Buzz :D

...naw but seriosly, this summer I took one of 'em to Area one and he freaked out....well he loved it cuz it was something totally different from what he is used to and now he is missing in action somewhere in DC..he was last seen on Thursday night @ Coco-Loco....but just as Cristopher Columbus insisted the world was round even though everybody thought he was wacko, I will persist.....

Where do these people come from? And why are they my friends?And what type of incentives will haul them in?

Originally posted by vicman

Where do these people come from? And why are they my friends?And what type of incentives will haul them in?

If your friends are male then a few of those cute raver girls who are Buzz regulars should do the trick. Or does that just work for me?