Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vinyl junkies: Some choons to look for. Word of the week is DIRTY!

shadygroovedc

OK, so I went a little crazy on the vinyl hunt this past week. Got some money bombs. Some have been out for a bit. Some are set for release within the next month or so. So, since we had a nice discussion a couple weeks ago about vinyl and how to keep up with new releases, I'm gonna post my top ten out of the batch of records I just got. Ranked in order of moneyness:

1) Pariah - Ruffneck Rhythm/Shrink [Rhythm Syndicate] - almost missed out on this one. Been out for a couple weeks. This track is ridiculous. I would've shot myself if I had missed out on this one. This groove is so fuckin' dirty, I had to take a shower after listening to it. If you have turntables, GET IT!

2) Yum Yum - Heavy Fluid (Orig+Main Element Rmx) [bedrock] - this is coming out on Bedrock within the next month. Awesome groove. Classic Bedrock sound.

3) Creamer/K - Wish You Were Here (16B Rmx) [White] - Original is still the shit, but this one rocks. I think release date is first week of Nov. Look out for this one, definitely. A little tougher and funkier than the orig.

4) D. Ramirez - Burnin' Up [Choo Choo] - I thought this was already out, but they sent it to me on a test press, so it may not be out yet. This track floored me when I put it on. Literally. It's got everything. Tribal, funky, and even a touch of hard house. I'm glad no one was around in my house, cause I was dancin' by myself to this tune. Just plain nasty. :D

5) Greppis World - Una Questiona [Plastica] - This may be out as well. DIRTY, DIRTY, DIRTY

6) Darkhouse Family - Darklight EP [Rhythm Syndicate] - DIRTIER, DIRTIER, DIRTIER

7) Sarah McLachlin - Hold On (BT Mix) [White] - IMHO, this is the best Sarah mash yet. Not as trancey as the other ones.

8) Mooncat - Exploration [Plastica] - OK, this is the DIRTIEST, swear. I think release is very soon.

9) Desert - Lettin Ya Mind Go (King Unique Dub) [Future Groove] - One word - FUNK.

10) Jay J & Chris Lum - How do you like it? [siesta] - A little booty house to round out my top ten of the week.

Next top ten list coming in the next couple weeks, when my wallet stops hurting.

:D

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

1) Pariah - Ruffneck Rhythm/Shrink [Rhythm Syndicate] - almost missed out on this one. Been out for a couple weeks. This track is ridiculous. I would've shot myself if I had missed out on this one. This groove is so fuckin' dirty, I had to take a shower after listening to it. If you have turntables, GET IT!

2) Yum Yum - Heavy Fluid (Orig+Main Element Rmx) [bedrock] - this is coming out on Bedrock within the next month. Awesome groove. Classic Bedrock sound.

4) D. Ramirez - Burnin' Up [Choo Choo] - I thought this was already out, but they sent it to me on a test press, so it may not be out yet. This track floored me when I put it on. Literally. It's got everything. Tribal, funky, and even a touch of hard house. I'm glad no one was around in my house, cause I was dancin' by myself to this tune. Just plain nasty. :D

Got these 3. I got the Pariah (that's one of Breeder's aliases, right?) joint about a week and a half ago. I actually just got heavy fluid in the mail on Monday from Release Records (good lookin' out by the way, Shady, cuz Release has been on point). I was waiting for Heavyu Fluid since Jimmy Van M's Bedrock came out.

Originally posted by Kuro

Got these 3. I got the Pariah (that's one of Breeder's aliases, right?) joint about a week and a half ago. I actually just got heavy fluid in the mail on Monday from Release Records (good lookin' out by the way, Shady, cuz Release has been on point). I was waiting for Heavyu Fluid since Jimmy Van M's Bedrock came out.

Yeah, let's keep Release on the D-low for CP peops only. Don't want too many people to catch on and steal all the promos! :D

3) Creamer/K - Wish You Were Here (16B Rmx) [White] - Original is still the shit, but this one rocks. I think release date is first week of Nov. Look out for this one, definitely. A little tougher and funkier than the orig.

7) Sarah McLachlin - Hold On (BT Mix) [White] - IMHO, this is the best Sarah mash yet. Not as trancey as the other ones.

INTERESTING.....can't wait to hear

i like the idea of a CP top 10 list, is there a way to create a poll in this thing?

I'll definitely try to do a regular list. My vinyl shopping is pretty steady. About 10-20 new tracks every week sometimes. Every other week if nothing floats my boat. Rarely go three weeks without getting SOMETHING new. Who knows, maybe a steady CP top ten list will get picked up by charting websites like djrhythms.com? If everyone posts their top five or ten tracks, I bet we could get a really good chart going.

Oh, and most of these tracks from this week's list will be featured on my new CD to be given out at the door to the first 50 people on Nov. 15 at Fusion. I believe there will also be Jen Lasher CD's as well. And possibly Switchstance, although I'm not sure. -Sigh-. Sometimes I'm such a used car salesman it sickens me. :D

I'll definitely try to do a regular list. My vinyl shopping is pretty steady. About 10-20 new tracks every week sometimes. Every other week if nothing floats my boat. Rarely go three weeks without getting SOMETHING new. Who knows, maybe a steady CP top ten list will get picked up by charting websites like djrhythms.com? If everyone posts their top five or ten tracks, I bet we could get a really good chart going.

Oh, and most of these tracks from this week's list will be featured on my new CD to be given out at the door to the first 50 people on Nov. 15 at Fusion. I believe there will also be Jen Lasher CD's as well. And possibly Switchstance, although I'm not sure. -Sigh-. Sometimes I'm such a used car salesman it sickens me. :D

you mean fusion in springfield mall fusion? or some other one?...if it's springfield mall, ill be there, i wanna hear what kind of shit your up too :D

Originally posted by dcsglow

you mean fusion in springfield mall fusion? or some other one?...if it's springfield mall, ill be there, i wanna hear what kind of shit your up too :D

Oh, whoops. Sometimes I take it for granted that people will understand what I'm talking about. Product of being a crackhead, I guess.

No, Fusion the club in Baltimore. Bi-monthly party up there 1st & 3rd Thursdays of each month. First one's Nov. 15th.

Sorry about the conFUSION. Hahaha. Where do I come up with this stuff? :D :D :D

Originally posted by scratchapella

word on the king unique dub, that shit ish tight!

shady, you should make this top ten thing into a poll, then we can all vote on em, i think the option's at the bottom or top when you post a new topic. . .

Cool. Just tested it out. It works! But the only problem is you can only vote for one item. Hmmm, this is gonna require some thought and creativity to get this to work.

Oh, whoops. Sometimes I take it for granted that people will understand what I'm talking about. Product of being a crackhead, I guess.

No, Fusion the club in Baltimore. Bi-monthly party up there 1st & 3rd Thursdays of each month. First one's Nov. 15th.

Sorry about the conFUSION. Hahaha. Where do I come up with this stuff? :D :D :D

oh dammit, oh well then i guess...well if it ever goes real big i can buy it lol:laugh: