Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Any 90's Industrial Fans out there??

If so here is a test,

name the artist corresponding with these anthems of the old Building / Arena days when Industrial was hot hot hot.

1. The Hacker --

2. Headhunter --

3. Down In It --

4. God O.D --

5. The Devil Does Drugs --

6. Beers, Steers and Queers --

7. Dig It --

8. Stigmata --

9. As the end draws near --

10. Stumbo --

Give it your best shot, I'm some of you know some of these fine metally tunes form the industrial age.

Toys

Well I must have been listening to a different kind of industrial back then, cause I only know #2-#6, #8 and maybe #9. I was more into the elektro stuff that Seattle and Vancouver were putting out like Noise Box, SMP, Kill Switch...Klick, And Christ Wept, etc., where they'd layer a live drummer with the drum machines. I know I'm gonna kick myself when I find out the rest of these, though.

2 - Front 242

3 - NIN

4 - Meat Beat Manifesto

5 - MLWTTKK

6 - Revolting Cocks

8 - Ministry

9 - is it Manufacture?

Good show so far.

And yes number nine is Manufacture.

So close.

Anyone can help him?

BTW, all the other industrial groups, like Klick, SMP and so forth were right after this section of Wax Trax and Network hits.

The biggest hit of the time was from Wax Trax, Front 242 sold a record 400K copies of Headhunter to the US, Belgium, Germany and UK.

10 - Wiseblood?

By the way, did you see that Music Research and its sublabel Zoth Ommog are now outta business? I just got this email today:

Game over for Zoth Ommog

Our colleagues from Release Magazine report that Talla 2XLC's company Music

Research is no longer. The company's sublabels such as the legendary Zoth

Ommog as well as several different dance labels will be laid to rest

forever. According to an official statement, the Techno Club compilations

released in co-operation with Sony however are not affected by the closure

of Music Research. It was a public known fact that Zoth Ommog was at its

final breath after experiencing both management and financial problems.

I remember seeing all these bands at the New Ritz (was the old 54, now Cabaret) and thinking wow, this music will last forvever.

Wearing my black motorcylce jacket with Front Line Assembly writen in white across the back.

Oh weep.

well at there is Autechure.

and by the way saw Front 242 last year, was top notch. although they were looking quite old and not so cool anymore.

Well they could always write songs for video games!

Originally posted by dialectics

just like a car crash

just like a knife

my favorite weapon

IS THE LOOK IN YOUR EYE!!!!!!!

(thanks for reminding me how much of an outcast I was in high school)

Originally posted by covetoys

well at there is Autechure.

yeah too bad the music they make these days doesn't even come close to the music i make when i wake up and pass gas.

:D

seriously, booth and brown went somewhere else after tri repeatae... somewhere else i care not to visit.

Originally posted by heretic909

Yeah, I don't like a lotta the 'new' industrial. Went and saw Apoptygma Berzerk and VNV Nation at Limelight a few months ago. I don't think you can actually classify it as industrial, really. We left after Apop's third song.

I never knew Berzerk was supposed to be industrial. case in point "Love Never Dies". Closer to the gothic/new wave sound i loved so much when i used to hang out at exedor.

i was a big fan of industrial stuff - it crossed over with a lot of tech/electronic groups like utah saints. it started in high school when i would spend my days stoned walking through the hallways listening to ministry on these giant studio headphones. it ended in a bang with the remix of sepultura's chaos ad.... then i fell in love and started listening to jazz instead....

now that i've recovered from being out of love, its been trance/techno/prog/house for me. i still miss those days but i can't go back to being who i was.... now its just a part of who i am :)

rob

you peepz should def. check out slipstream sundays at ristra bar in hoboken (formerly called -- and the sign still says it out front -- rodeo bar) on the same block and side of the street as mcdonald's on 3rd and washington. dj rob always play a good mix of apoptygma/vnv/etc. and front242/skinnypuppy/funkervogt and depechemode/neworder/humanleague type stuff.

Originally posted by thehacker

you peepz should def. check out slipstream sundays at ristra bar in hoboken (formerly called -- and the sign still says it out front -- rodeo bar) on the same block and side of the street as mcdonald's on 3rd and washington. dj rob always play a good mix of apoptygma/vnv/etc. and front242/skinnypuppy/funkervogt and depechemode/neworder/humanleague type stuff.

But that would involve going to Hoboken:blown:

Recess @ 310 Spring Thursday nite is pretty cool on the early 80's new wave kinda tip (and lotsa babes) ;)

Originally posted by boa_boy

But that would involve going to Hoboken:blown:

Recess @ 310 Spring Thursday nite is pretty cool on the early 80's new wave kinda tip (and lotsa babes) ;)

w00h00!!!

goth hotties in corsets?

or do i still have to go to downtime to oggle at that sort of thing?

Originally posted by thehacker

w00h00!!!

goth hotties in corsets?

or do i still have to go to downtime to oggle at that sort of thing?

not so much goth but new wavey, but very 'cool' new wavey, people are in 'cool' early 80's fashion......that cool a party that Moby was there a few weeks ago :eek:;)

oh and it's free and sean is the world's biggest bouncer :tongue:

Originally posted by covetoys

Who's with me that Rob Zombie stole his look, sound and altogether style from Al Jourgenson of Ministry.

Everyday is Halloween.

Man, I've been saying that for a while. So true.

And what's all of this Recess and Slipstream shit? Man, come down to Justines on a Friday (well not this Friday since I'm gonna be wasted outta my mind celebrating me and my g/f's b-day). I play all of that industrial dance stuff mixed with hard house and hardcore.

Here's part of my setlist from last Friday to give you an idea of the kind of music and shit:

THOMAS SCHUMACHER - "When I Rock (Live Version)"

DJ RIP - "Revolution of House Music"

JOFF ROACH & TIM J - "Nutty Processor"

SINAPTIK - "K Derivative"

AND ONE - "Panzer Mensch"

PROJECT PITCHFORK - "Steelrose (Apoptygma Berzerk Mix)"

DIN FIV - "Wasted on You"

COVENANT - "Speed (Club Version)"

NIN - "Wish (Tech-House Mix by Dräcos)"

WARP BROTHERS vs AQUAGEN - "Phat Bass"

FRONT 242 - "Headhunter (Minimal Acid Mix by Dräcos)"

FUNKER VOGT - "Black Rain"