Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Trust

lizard23

Originally posted by lizard23

Any one hear about a club called Trust that will be opening in Baltimore soon? Is it something like Glow or Buzz or is it more like Platinum? Any info would be appreciated. I think it's on Saratoga St. in the city.

Well, the venue looks REALLY nice inside. Apparently, they'll have a cigar lounge and sushi bar. So I'm guessing it'll be a 1223/Platinum type crowd.

On the other hand, they have a really good soundsystem, and the resident's are two progressive house DJ's.

Therefore, I would conclude (like my nerdy scientific logic speak?) that it will be a Platinum or 1223 like place except with good music.

Does it open this weekend or did it open last? Is there a website or did you get a flyer for it at another club? I've only been to Platinum once on a college nigh and it was so crowded that I left, so I didn't notice the inside. Plus, it kind of seemed like everyone was an asshole. I heard it is better over the weekend.

My friend called there yesterday and spoke with a manager. I was chatting with my friend on ICQ at the time and told him to ask about dress code. They said they were still deciding. Most of the staff and the oweners want no dress code but some managers want one. I think I may call them today and ask some more details. I'm really curious about how a non-Twilo Phazon system sounds.

Originally posted by Kuro

My friend called there yesterday and spoke with a manager. I was chatting with my friend on ICQ at the time and told him to ask about dress code. They said they were still deciding. Most of the staff and the oweners want no dress code but some managers want one. I think I may call them today and ask some more details. I'm really curious about how a non-Twilo Phazon system sounds.

Make sure you mention to them that dress codes bring in the asshole element in full force. At least, that's just my impression of assholes. That they like to dress up.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Make sure you mention to them that dress codes bring in the asshole element in full force. At least, that's just my impression of assholes. That they like to dress up.

No, you're right. That is the asshole element. And a dress code isn't going to keep out the troublemakers either. In the late 80s and early 90s a lot of Baltimore clubs were colsed down due to violence inside and outside of them. I'm talking about spray-the-crowd-with-an-Uzi violence. :blown: Most of those places had dress codes. It's not like the thugs (both wannabe and real) can't get dressed up to go get drunk and look for pussy. And it's not like a dress code will keep out the pill-popping, tripping, crack head crowd, cuz I'm willing to gfet dressed up every once in a while :D

Ny word on when it's going to open yet? That place Sonar in Canton opened in late August. It's okay, good dj's and music, but really small and it pulls in a weird crowd. Bmore has a tendency to attract a lot of white trash, so I think dresscodes are good in keeping out some of the bigger problems (yo boys and thugs get pissed if they can't wear their pants down around their knees.)

Originally posted by Kuro

In the late 80s and early 90s a lot of Baltimore clubs were colsed down due to violence inside and outside of them. I'm talking about spray-the-crowd-with-an-Uzi violence. :blown:

Ahhh, those were the good ol' days. When the Seagulls were Flockin', when the Police were Policin', when Michael Jackson wasn't a child molester - at least, not overtly, when Dre was Doctorin', when Snoop was Doggin'. What a great time period. Late 80's to Early 90's. You had a massive clash of the big hair 80's with the baggy pants 90's. The result? Kid 'n Play. :D

it'll be interesting how it turns out...unlike D.C. and NY where there are several afterhours venues where each one kinda has it's own crowd, Trust will only be the second afterhours club in the area (first being China Room which closes at the wee hours of 4am...hehe)...(Paradox is out of the way, and 1722 is too small)...also, a lot of people go to China Room just to go out late, so I figure with people getting tired of CR, they will shift over to Trust just to stay out afterhours (not caring for the dj, system, etc.)..unless of course they put up a rope and someone at the door...which prolly wouldn't work in B-more...

Originally posted by Hal

unless of course they put up a rope and someone at the door...which prolly wouldn't work in B-more...

If they tried that velvet rope shit I would drive by there every Friday and hurl a glass bottle of urine at the place on my way to Buzz.

Originally posted by lizard23

. Bmore has a tendency to attract a lot of white trash, so I think dresscodes are good in keeping out some of the bigger problems (yo boys and thugs get pissed if they can't wear their pants down around their knees.)

Hey whats wrong with white trash, yo boys and well dressed and properly behaved individuals engaging in fun and enticing social activities in the same establishment at the same time?

Mind you, we could there could even be some italian mafia in there and we can all have good, clean fun!

:D :D :D