Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For Deep Dish fans

Kuro

I wrote to Buzz to demand that they bring some DJs I want to hear and that they start insisting that headlining DJs play at least four hour sets and in the response they mentioned that I can look forward to a six hour set from Deep Dish on November 23rd. They might have that up on the website and you might already all know about this, but it was news to me.

Originally posted by Kuro

I wrote to Buzz to demand that they bring some DJs I want to hear and that they start insisting that headlining DJs play at least four hour sets and in the response they mentioned that I can look forward to a six hour set from Deep Dish on November 23rd. They might have that up on the website and you might already all know about this, but it was news to me.

Damn! I wrote a letter to them demanding a free t-shirt, and all I got was the finger!

Shit, I don't think my inner child can handle six hours of DD. :rolleyes: I may be on the floor crying my eyes out at the fourth hour. :D

I think part of the problem with some headliners is that they will only do two hour sets. Scott Henry mentioned that on his online chat after his CD release. *Cough*, *cough*, *Oakie*, *cough*, *cough*, is the one he actually singled out and threw in front of a bus about that. But he did mention it was not uncommon.

I guess 6 hrs set from the main DJ would be a welcomed change instead of only 2 hours. I demand value for my hard earned money, dammit!:D

However, I hope the 6 hour extended sets from main DJ's are submitted for approval first, maybe to us here at CP, 'cause I dont think I would be able to handle 6 Oakie hours...in fact I do not even want to envision such a scenario, it would be total chaos that night...I would personally force myself into the DJ booth and demand that Oakie stop playin'

What I told them was that the guys like Sasha and Digweed (each, not total time), Lawler, Pappa, Hawtin, etc., who do sets that long in other places should be doing 4 hour sets here, too. And after the marthon sets he's been doing in NYC Danny Howells should never be allowed to do less than 4 hours at Buzz. And I don't think you have to worry about Oakie doing any extended sets, Vicman.