Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Study: Ecstasy damages memory brain cells

DaVe

I hate articles like that...

Tell us what the percentage difference in test scores between the two groups!

a 1-10% difference in scores could easily be explained by the age and population that tends to do E, and that E users often use other drugs (no.. really)

plus.. how did the researchers get their subjects? Walk around asking "hey, have you done E?" and take the ones who answered "yes"? That would mean the study really only looked at stupid users :)

a higher % difference would be more of a smoking gun.

I love it when they do posts with the "we gave rats 100 grams a day for 3 years and they developed cancer or went into a coma" well no shit u give anyone that much shit and theyll drop dead. I did it for 9 years and the last time I tested for IQ it was higher then it was when i got out of HS.

go fig!

:rolleyes::laugh::rolleyes::laugh::rolleyes::laugh:

All these "studies" are inheriently flawed. These studies usually fail to give the sources of their empirical evidence and are often based on extremely isolated test groups that are not common to most demographics. Differences such as age, previoius substance abuse, varied drug use, biological predisposition, sex, body weight, and time frame could all impact the results in dramatic ways. The only way to get any accurate results would be to codify the experiment by observing test subjects for an exteneded period of time in a controlled environment. Nearly impossible!