Clubplanet Nightlife Community

UC Santa barbara & SF Sate???

blaznny

I been lookin at schools because i am thinkin about transfering out of this shitty ass school (Fairfield) that is located in this rectangle of death they call Connecticut. I am from Long Island and as much as i love the clubs in NYC i think i need a change of pace...

If anyone goes to or knows anything about UC Santa Barbara or San Francisco State and could give me some info or advice on some other schools i should consider out there. I am lookin for something relatively big and in a cool area and i am a business/marketing /maybe advertising major, and will be going into my Junior year when i transfer so i will be 21 by then too. I am guessing my best bet for clubs would be SF state but to be quite honest with you i don't know a damn thing about either.

any input would be greatly appreciated

sorry if this is a somewhat worthless reply, but i remember that there were a bunch of articles a few months ago about the sf nightlife (there's a way to look that stuff up, isn't there?). i can't believe there isn't an sf board; might wanna bring that to DaVe's attention for correction.

but i do know that the raves in sf are fuckin' dope, if that interests you at all.

Depends what your into. Santa Barbara is definitely a "party school" but the scene is more of the college life...block parties, etc. they also have cool bars and pubs if your into that. places closes at the normal 2am - don't really know if there is any underground action there.

if you are into club/rave/underground scene, there is definitely more to do in SF! besides from the normal nightlife, there an abundant of freaky things to do there. i've seen sh** there that i've not seen anywhere! besides i think that there is much more culture in sf.

my humble opinion, i would pick sf.

Yes, I would go with SF too. It's a way more cooler place than Santa Barbara, LA county pretty much sucks unless you're in cool areas like Santa Monica and all...but SF has a great nightlife and they definately don't stop at 2 am....I'd go to SF.

P.S. While I'm typing this, that fucking annoying Mars-Twix ad keeps popping up...do we honestly need to endure these stupid pop ups?They're REALLY pissing me off.

:mad:

thanks for the info...

honestly i am leaning towards Santa Barbara. I mean its just a better school. Haven't totally ruled out SF because the city just sounds ill but i think i can put my club life on hold for a bit and save it for my breaks and summer and what not plus my brain will probably thank me.

UCSB is gonna be tough as hell to get into. oh well wish me luck.