Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vinyl 10/19...a very special night indeed...

Wow...where to begin...

I got to the club at 2 in the morning by myself because Tanya overslept, and, to my dismay, there was a written note saying that due to some complications, DT won't be in and Pete Lopez and another DJ would be filling in for him. One of the promoters told me that he MIGHT be in later because he had a stomach virus and wasn't feeling well. So I go in because I heard good things about Pete Lopez and wanted to check out his style. He played really trancy, but it had really groovy elements to it. He played good, not great though.

Early on I saw some displaced Exit heads, as well as FunkD, and Rave by Night with his partner in crime, Glowsticks (on VIP and CP). To be honest with everyone, I felt really hopeless about the night because I didn't think they were going to get better and we wouldn't see Danny. In comes Andy Zee, kAt, Tyco and a friend at 4:30, and about 10 minutes later, they announce Danny will be spinning in 20 minutes. Everyone started cheering, and all my thoughts about the night going to suck went away.

At 5, on to the decks comes the man, Tenaglia. He announced to the crowd that at around 3, "he was feeling the funk," and had to come through.

And from then on, pure insanity.

He took the music to a totally different level. He was HARD all night long. At times, he was so hard it seemed like he purposely wanted to make your ears bleed.

If you don't mind the trainspotting, at one point he played the new vocal anthem called Safe From Harm. The very next song he mixed into was one of my all time favs JAGUAR, the tribal version, with the acapella of Finally by Kings of Tomorow over it. Oh my god, everyone was going insane!! And every hour after that he took it to a new level, playing this deep, dark tribal. At around 9, he turned up the speakers and engulphed the club with this evil, deep tribal that made people just stand there and stare at him in awe. He even dropped 100% Pure Love, and Flawless again. Everyone was cheering from the time he went on until he closed out at 10. Adjectives can't describe the music he played for us. He said he was feeling it, and my god was he.

I went to the bathroom at one point and all I thought to myself was that he can make EVERYONE forget about Jonathan Peters at Sound Factory. Mark my words right now, DANNY TENAGLIA WILL DEFINITLY BE ON TOP OF HIS GAME ON THANKSGIVING EVE.

For the next week, the only cool people on the boards will be the ones who stuck it out and stayed at Vinyl last night. What we heard isn't going to be duplicated on any given Friday night. I danced from 5 till closing and only stopped to get a drink twice.

I better see everyone on Thanksgiving Eve. Peace.

Originally posted by siceone

NOOOOOOO!O!!!@!!!!OPJK@!{POJ@!{)PP{!{!!

=

I left at 4:30 cause it was Wack GOD DAMNIT

You only had to wait a half hour bro - damn that sucks for you - I know how much you like DT - sorry you missed it - I missed to and we were thinking of going to Vinyl around 4 yesterday - shit!!

Yo brutha, I just woke up around 5:30.

It was cool to finally meet you, Glowsticks, and Andy.

Tyco and Kittie, it was great to see you again.

DT is the man, I'm so glad he showed up.

Can't wait till Thanksgiving Eve.

I'm gonna be selling tickets.

If you want me to let you know when I have them, send me an Email now, and as soon as I get them, I'll let you know.

Peace,