Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What an awful night (EXIT2)

rippeditalian

JOhhny vicious of course was good....but not great. But i have never seen such a Bad display of music after johhny left. Wow, me and my friend had our fingers in our ears. Sorry, to all you exit heads because i once liked exit and Draper. He was AWFUL. You call that set music. Draper went from a hard song into green velvet, lalaland and he actually played that song fast. First off,that song has no place in exit whatsoever, had no place in the set and he didn't even mix it in good!! That's just ONE EXAMPLE OF THIS HORRIBLE DISPLAY.

The place doesn't have a vibe whatsoever.No VIBE! It seems like a bunch of clubber/nyc toughguy wannabe's on xtc just pounding there heads to the sound of bass!!! You guys who go to the factory and stay until 2 or 3 pm know what a vibe is. You guys who go to vinyl know what a vibe is..you feel it....there is something missing in exit and if you don't know what it is then i feel bad for you.

anyway, what a waist of $35.......At least i gave Exit one more chance.:o

Another critisicm of draper i have is he plays with no feeling one hard song after another which gets to be monotonous.......talk about killing songs, he's the king. This Draper is definitely different then the one i heard right near thanksgiving when they gave out the merry x-mas cds.

Originally posted by rippeditalian

The place doesn't have a vibe whatsoever.No VIBE! It seems like a bunch of clubber/nyc toughguy wannabe's on xtc just pounding there heads to the sound of bass!!! You guys who go to the factory and stay until 2 or 3 pm know what a vibe is. You guys who go to vinyl know what a vibe is..you feel it....there is something missing in exit and if you don't know what it is then i feel bad for you.

I didn't go last night but this is always how i've felt about exit in comparison to factory* Like u said u feel it there exit no good atmosphere at all*

Originally posted by rippeditalian

Another critisicm of draper i have is he plays with no feeling one hard song after another which gets to be monotonous.......talk about killing songs, he's the king. This Draper is definitely different then the one i heard right near thanksgiving when they gave out the merry x-mas cds.

yea the x-mas cd was pretty hott.. i liked most of the tracks... Draper hasnt been the same since

I am glad to see there are others in favor. By no means am i making this stuff up to get everyone mad but this stuff is plain and simple. As you get more musically educated and perceptive to these clubs you really see that Exit really is for 16 year olds who do "e" for the first and second time. I by no means think i am better than anyone else, i can get carried away sometimes too and just be into that hard stuff for a while........ but cmon when is enough finally enough? It was hard after hard. Anyway, who's going to the factory tonight fellas;) ??

ok ill admit draper was pretty weak last night....he was o.k. in the beginning with every oldier from two years ago even fuckin robbie tronco's fright train!!! lmao....anyways i thought vicious was awesome....that was one of the first times i heard him and he was great!!! i still had a great time at that place!!! no vibe??? are u serious man....that place was filled with energy on the main floor....if u think there wasn't then im sorry!!! i thought the place was goin crazy!!!! theres a different vibe then that of factory so thats why u may have thought there was no vibe....but there definatley was....the first friday it had been open in almost two months with probably about 10,000 people walked into that place and it was all energy in exit the whole time!!! i was there till 7 and it was still packed on the main floor!!! great night

i thought i was in factory for a bit when vicious was on with smoke machine, and a couple other factory jammers thrown in there!!! great set by vicious!!! draper was weak but thank god for vicious!!!! i agree he hasnt been the same since his xmas cd too???!!! peace

The place seemed different, no one was on point. It was a different Exit. I was looking forward to hearing some nice tracks from Draper, What a herb, he didn't play anything that was so good. Vicious was good I liked the Moon remix of Blow your speakers ( Anyone has this ?). All in all it really is Exit 2 cause everything was different, the worst let down is the peeps that usually went to Exit were different to. I got stuck paying 35$ at the door, I think I had a better time at Bounce in Brooklyn the weekend before :(.

IT DEF WASN'T EXIT BUT WE ALL KNEW THAT WIT ALL THE HYPE FOR THE RENOVATIONS PLUS THE CROWD WAS HALF EXIT HALF FACTORY AND HALF LOST LOL...DRAPERS NOT GOOD WHEN SOMEONE GOES B4 HIM SO I FIGURED HE WOULD BE OUT OF IT VICIOUS WAS GOOD BUT DROPPED NO NEW TRACKS WHICH I HOPE HE WILL AT FACTORY ON THE 2ND.BUT OVERALL TOO PACKED NO VIBE NO ENERGY..IT WAS A COMMERICAL NIGHT SO EXIT WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL AFTER THIS WEEK..

Thats ALWAYS how it is there! Draper is not smooth in his style, no secret there. To blame Viscious is Hysterical! "HE doesn't do good going after someone". Are you serious??! EXIT is, and always will be, the club people go to to hear "crowdpleasers" and singalongs. Meet me at SF...

Um.. I take a little offense to the "no vibe" comment.. just because you didn't like it doesn't mean there is no vibe. There IS a vibe, obviously, you just didn't like it. That's fine, I didn't like the LL vibe that much when I went for Scot Project, everyone has their preferences, but that's a VERY bold statement to make.

But you're soooo right about Draper. He can be decent sometimes, but in my opinion, consistency is one of the qualitites that a good DJ has, and Draper, he has his on nights, but he has many off nights too.. he's gotta work on that.