Clubplanet Nightlife Community

early Tiesto review ...

Well, I was very sceptical to go at first, because I heard many negative things about the World, but what are you gonna do, after all the dj is fucking amazing. so we got there around 11 :00 , line is huge, but i guess it was expected. what was not expected is how sloooowww it was. almost 3 hours to get in. Whatta fuck!!! The cops were everywhere , trying to run people over with horses, because they were walking in a wrong direction. I guess security comes first. The only fun part of standing on line, was that police horses did incredible amount of poop right on the street, and evrytime some poor looser stepped in it, everyone just applaused and yelled . So that was fun.

When we got in music was off the wall, i dunno who the dj was, but i sure would like to find out , the club was bigger than i thought and very VERY nicely decorated. plus not that crowded around 2:30 there was a live perfomance, we were right upfront. i didnt see a single normal looking person, everyone was just going nuts. after the perfomance, same dj came on, i was loking out for Tiesto, but he was MIA. By like 3:15 the main sound factory alike small dance floor got so crowded, that you juts coudn't dance. and just standing around was no fun. we found a great spot just above the stairs , from where you can see whats going on the stage. I have to admit when i saw Tiesto it seemed like the guy was radiating with vibe, his smile ,his gestures, his attitude just sparkles with positive energy. He came on around 3:20 i think , and all hell broke loose. World is a pretty nice club, but it seemed like the walls were about to crash. everyone jumping, screaming having a good time. Tiesto opened up in his usual style, he trew a lot of energy tracks at the begining, then some vocals, i like the "HIDE U" remix, sick, lots of oldies , but goodies, "Silence" of course. I loved the music, hes the bomb, but he failed to surprise me this time. I mean he was everything that i expected, but no more. If you want to hear Tiesto live @ World on Oct 20th , just pop in Magik 6-7 into your cd player and you will get much better quality sound expirience , than on Worlds sound system. BY 6ish, i recognized the songs that he ussually finishes his set with, so whoever said 6-7 hours , try 2.5-3 hours. But it's all good, I 'm glad i went, the crows was nice, music was off the hook, and i finally checked out World. So sorry if i bored you to death, but i wanna hear more reviews, and someone please confirm the actual time when Tiesto, played the last track.

Off to bed..:tongue:

Well, you pretty much have everything on target. They didn't let ANYONE in until 11:30 which sucked. The bouncers said, "I don't know what there are so many guys here, we usually get 2500 girls a night. Fuckin asshole. Well anyway, fuck World. The crowd kinda sucked, i'm shocked at how many people didn't even budge or sing along when Silence came on.

He opened with Magic Journey(new track off In My Memory album) and closed with Urban Train. In the middle he spun Flight 643(hide u version), Silence, Flesh, and about 10 other names that are somewhere my head that will come out by the evening so stay tuned. Overall I had an awesome night, I can't wait for them to release the video and audio set from last night. I was up by the stage for about 70% of the time right up there. Yes it was packed, but the crowd was so nuts it was insane. Tiesto tossed out about 4 signed records of his and came out to shake everyone's hand. I'm really impressed by him, nice guy. My only real complaints are the DJ booth setup.... its nice but his table was skipping way too often WTF? World sucks, too upscale for a good event like this and a clueless crowd to go along wiith it. The guy who was spinning before Tiesto was pretty good, but spun for too long. People were chanting TIESTO! TIESTO! about one hour before Tiesto actually came on... you could tell he was getting kind of pissed.

And how the final decision.. Am I glad I went to World last night NO. Am I glad I heard Tiesto spin an awesome set... FUCK YEAH! World fuckin sucks ass, Tiesto is the man. I hope they never get him again, or any other respectable DJ for that matter. I'm going to sleep now, sorry I didn't get to meet you guys. But I did get run into Glowey on the coatcheck line as we we're leaving. Nice to meet you, sober is the way to go. gnight to all

that what happened to me here out in l.a.: tiesto was fuckin' kickass, but the venue bit. the line for the room tiesto was in was at a standstill all night (and i got there hella early, too), so my friends and i had to go to the room with the audio linkup. the only visuals they gave us were two screens showing us what was going on in the other room - talk about rubbing salt in our wounds. and the cameras they used for that were really low quality. but they didn't even give us lights.

anyway, we didn't even get to go into his room till the last 15 minutes/ half-hour of his set, and he only played for 3 hours. but tiesto was great. just caught up in a bad setup.

the club is called giant, and it rotates actual physical venues around the city. after this fiasco, though, the powers that be have decided not to hold parties at that particular one (well, after one more last event). so they've learned their lesson, for what that's worth, and it won't happen again.